+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sevilla interest

Sevilla interest

Well it looks like a bid is on the table for diaz.
    10 million is the bid and we want near to 20 million.
    It's pretty clear we need the sale to bolster the squad as it seems this budget that Broughton talks about is purely mythical.
    10 million seems to low and 20 million is too high for in my opinion a 1 season wonder.
    I think we should push for 15 million,give forest their 5 Million and INVEST every penny of the rest.
    Venkys got away with it with Armstrong but I can guarantee we won't get away with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well it looks like a bid is on the table for diaz.
    10 million is the bid and we want near to 20 million.
    It's pretty clear we need the sale to bolster the squad as it seems this budget that Broughton talks about is purely mythical.
    10 million seems to low and 20 million is too high for in my opinion a 1 season wonder.
    I think we should push for 15 million,give forest their 5 Million and INVEST every penny of the rest.
    Venkys got away with it with Armstrong but I can guarantee we won't get away with it again.
    He won't go. You said it yourself, he has done it for one season. Why would a club folk out £20m for one season.
    They will sit and wait and see how he goes on this season. And could come back in Jan and offer £15m.
    They won't take a £20m risk.
    But this summer, I don't think he will leave, as I don't think anyone has bid anything and have no intention to spend £20m on a lad who had half a good season once in his career. They will all wait to see if it was a one off.
    If we get money, then we will spend. If we don't we will get some loans in after the season starts.

Venkys have though, benefitted when they have invested. They spent money on Armstrong, and got a huge return. They spent decent money on Brereton and they will double their money at least if they sold. Or decided to keep a decent player, then fine, we keep a good player, like we have with Dack.
    I get the feeling the club, the owners and whole set up can't win with you?
    You didnt like Mowbray, you clearly arent convinced with this new manager who has been here 5 mins.
    What do you think is going on? You get we are £200m in debt and have no money? Thats never changed.

You are right I didn't like mowbray in the end but he did a good job giving the club stability.
    I have said nothing of the sort in regards to JDT as I know he is not to blame for transfer movements.
    I am well aware of our debts but the selling and not replacing will have to end soon as remaining hopeful of someone stepping up from within won't always happen and then what?
    We have no money and I appreciate that but something has to give eventually.

You are right I didn't like mowbray in the end but he did a good job giving the club stability.
    I have said nothing of the sort in regards to JDT as I know he is not to blame for transfer movements.
    I am well aware of our debts but the selling and not replacing will have to end soon as remaining hopeful of someone stepping up from within won't always happen and then what?
    We have no money and I appreciate that but something has to give eventually.
    If we have no money, then nothing can give.
    Broughton is in charge of transfers. Are you seriously being critical? He has only been here 3 weeks.
    He may require longer Robin. That and we have no money.
    You are looking at all the other clubs right? You are noticing nobody at this level is spending any money?
    You keep mentioning Burnley? They have sold Pope. Sold Weighorst, sold Mee, sold Tarchovski, sold anyone who had any Champ or Prem experience. And will keep selling until, they have all gone. And have signed a few loan players from Man City. One lad we had who was ok, Harwoood Belis, who is nothing more nothing less. Burnley are in trouble next season, make no bones about that. Poor manager, no money. We are better and stronger for a season in the Champ.

And if you didnt like finishing 8th last season, then we are already on a hiding to nothing arent we.
    Other than winning every week, spending another £200m on players and avoiding ffp or debt I am unsure what you really want mate? Or expect. If we do spend, you wont want them sold. Yet most clubs at our level sell to survive and rarely re-invest.
    I just feel we seemingly on to a loser every season.
    What woud you say a good season next year? As everything you wrote so far would point to relegation. But we finished 20th you would not be happy?
    But you werent happy with 8th and Mowbray.
    So does this new manager have to come in and win the league? I dont get it
    Last edited by champs95; 18-07-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Right stop there.
    We were second and had our usual post Christmas slump under mowbray.
    8th was a decent finish but not where we were in the table at January.
    All I am saying is keep loaning players will eventually catch up with you.
    A expected finish with what we have is 19th.
    Would I be satisfied with that?not really but realistically with the players we have I just can't see us pulling up trees.

Right stop there.
    We were second and had our usual post Christmas slump under mowbray.
    8th was a decent finish but not where we were in the table at January.
    All I am saying is keep loaning players will eventually catch up with you.
    A expected finish with what we have is 19th.
    Would I be satisfied with that?not really but realistically with the players we have I just can't see us pulling up trees.
    You said similar last season, we finished 8th and were still unhappy. So what will you be happy with?
    And don't forget the crippling £200m debt. As it affects 95% of Champ clubs. And Burnley.

I was unhappy with our monumental collapse.
    This season I will be over the moon with a 8th place finish.
    I can't see us being anywhere near

I was unhappy with our monumental collapse.
    This season I will be over the moon with a 8th place finish.
    I can't see us being anywhere near
    Nah. You said last season we would go down under Mowbray. And we finished 8th. So this new manager is on a hiding ti nothing. No matter what he does. Unless we finish top. Or second. Or go up.
    Which are all unrealistic. So we just have no chance before a ball is kicked no nastwr what. Even if they do well. It will still not be good enough. If I was that manager who I di like I personally would have not taken this job. Then we could have got Chris hughton and been fine. Or Vincent Kompany.

I see by the resurrection of an old thread that's what I said.
    Good god imagine saying something negative at the start of a season when we just sold our only source of goals at the time and come off the back of a serious slump in form.
    I should of been dancing with joy shouldn't I?
    While whistling a happy tune.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)