+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Group Match 3: Stirling Albion v ABERDEEN

I was impressed with our performance tonight. Hat off to Jim Goodwin and his Dons players. Game well out of sight in the first half goal fest. I expected a bit better from Stirling Albion but they didn’t get near us. I have been slightly critical of our captain (Stewart) but him and Scales read the game brilliantly.

..... on a related note ... Ah had a wee memory fae long times past aboot a word which was in regular use aboot 4 decades ago.

'Stumer' .... commonly used to describe the horses named on a 'doon the spoot' bookie slip.... but could easily hae been a label applied tae many o' oor squaad last season. A heap o' stumers.

Ah wis chuffed tae find there's a definition on line.

stumer
    /ˈstjuːmə/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounINFORMAL•BRITISH
    a worthless cheque or a counterfeit coin or note.
    "he got your picture back from the man who gave you a stumer cheque"
    a failure.
    "his piece was a stumer, a complete flop"

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    ..... on a related note ... Ah had a wee memory fae long times past aboot a word which was in regular use aboot 4 decades ago.

'Stumer' .... commonly used to describe the horses named on a 'doon the spoot' bookie slip.... but could easily hae been a label applied tae many o' oor squaad last season. A heap o' stumers.

Ah wis chuffed tae find there's a definition on line.

stumer
    /ˈstjuːmə/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounINFORMAL•BRITISH
    a worthless cheque or a counterfeit coin or note.
    "he got your picture back from the man who gave you a stumer cheque"
    a failure.
    "his piece was a stumer, a complete flop"
    .... And so I thereby, having potentially revived this word, suggest strongly that our ex chairman should be correctly referred to as 'Stumert Milne

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I predict Duk will be the new Andy Harrow ?
    Harrow must have been before my time, so is this a good or a bad thing?

five goals and a clean sheet, the league cup is the place to be in the summer, tae f uck we Europa leagues and all that shyte.

Just nice to be winning games well, regardless of who we are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Harrow must have been before my time, so is this a good or a bad thing?
    Andy ( hit the post) Harrow

I like a grumble about the dons but I really can’t see anyone stopping us winning the treble based on last night.

On another note, I was right next to the new performance analyst couple and those two dorks never once looked up from their laptops. Absolutely love it, that’s pure moneyball sh1t going on right there

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I like a grumble about the dons but I really can’t see anyone stopping us winning the treble based on last night.

On another note, I was right next to the new performance analyst couple and those two dorks never once looked up from their laptops. Absolutely love it, that’s pure moneyball sh1t going on right there
    It must be a great feeling as a player knowing that every minutiae of your performance is being analysed by Mr and Mrs Ram and then played back to everyone in the post-match appraisal. That’ll keep them all on their toes … no stumers allowed in this team!

played three, won three, goals for 9, goals against 0, points 9 when was the last time we were able to say that.
    Good start to help build up the confidence and all that but the real test will come when the league starts end of this month, but for now its doing good for the confidence of the squad.
    Well done lads keep it up. SF

Of course, we should never be in the position of playing these games in the first place.
    But we are, so top marks to all concerned for taking them seriously.
    Our squad is so new it's probably just what we needed.

Listening to sportsound last night, I was a bit surprised by how much criticism the format was getting.
    "First game should be the league"
    what a load of b'ollocks, it's the perfect way to start the season.

Oh, and Chick Young ( I thought he was retiring years ago) sounded sick that we'd played well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast