+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: League Cup Group Match 3: Stirling Albion v ABERDEEN

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I like a grumble about the dons but I really can’t see anyone stopping us winning the treble based on last night.

On another note, I was right next to the new performance analyst couple and those two dorks never once looked up from their laptops. Absolutely love it, that’s pure moneyball sh1t going on right there
    A mate posted the goals in WhatsApp last night. 2 or 3 were real things of beauty - Ramirez tap in was an absolutely delightful move (Scales very impressive - what a through ball. Id like to see Considine, Gallagher or Taylor playing a pass like that)

Kennedy’s free kick was an absolute peach. Been very impressed with him so far. Keep it up min.

Ok the opposition has been pretty gash, but these are in effect the pre season games so lots to be positive about so far - especially if we can get the 2-3 other decent additions Goody has been talking about.

Its all gone VERY quiet on the Goodwin / Cormack criticism too - long may it continue COYR 😎⭐️⭐️

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I like a grumble about the dons but I really can’t see anyone stopping us winning the treble based on last night.

On another note, I was right next to the new performance analyst couple and those two dorks never once looked up from their laptops. Absolutely love it, that’s pure moneyball sh1t going on right there
    I stood at the very back of the stand next to them. To be fair the loon did stand up now and then, perhaps to straighten his back and neck. Fascinating watching what they were doing.

Agree with others regarding Scales. Been very impressed with him so far and just as the defence is becoming settled and getting to know each other it will be all change at Parkhead. Imagine he'll maybe play McRorie instead as Bates (thankfully) appears to be falling down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Andy ( hit the post) Harrow
    I had a feeling it wasn't a compliment, but thanks anyway for explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Agree with others regarding Scales. Been very impressed with him so far and just as the defence is becoming settled and getting to know each other it will be all change at Parkhead. Imagine he'll maybe play McRorie instead as Bates (thankfully) appears to be falling down the pecking order.
    The manager said a while ago that he felt a bit sorry for the right-footed Bates having had to play in the left centre back position last season by default. With McCrorie being right-footed too, and in the frame to play at CB, it looks like the loan of Scales is a self-inflicted problem for the opening game due to his enforced absence and the balance of Scales (I’m here all week, tip the waiting staff generously) and Stewart being disturbed. I hope we can sign him, as he’s considerably better than any centre half we’ve had in forever, but the green waanks have no need to sell him, and won’t want to give any advantage away, the scheming, paranoid, entitled ****s of ****sville, **** County, the State of those ****s.

Apart from that, I have no strong feelings on the matter. E&OE.

Agree with every word Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Andy ( hit the post) Harrow
    Was he not bought to replace Joey. Always on to a loser there.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Was he not bought to replace Joey. Always on to a loser there.
    Archibald, I think. Not a chance.

It shows that even the best of managers’ judgement can fail.

He just wasn’t good enough to make the step up from Kirkcaldy.

https://afcheritage.org/Team/Current...Season=1981-82

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Archibald, I think. Not a chance.

It shows that even the best of managers’ judgement can fail.

He just wasn’t good enough to make the step up from Kirkcaldy.

https://afcheritage.org/Team/Current...Season=1981-82

Unluckiest player in front of goal I`ve ever seen. he seemed to do everything right, getting into position or making the chance. But ( seemed ) to always hit the bar or post !!! Imagine the game Ramirez had against Dumbarton, and that`s how I remeber Harrow playing for the Dons.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567