+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy prices and the cost of living in general...

Energy prices and the cost of living in general...

Has anyone noticed and significant increases over the past few months,I've only really noticed petrol costing more when it fill up (£30 instead of £20 for half a tank) I'm dreading winter time when you start to put on your heating and lights at night etc,not to bad while the summer is here but what about October onwards?
    Who's to blame anyway,is it Boris or Putin?

Thatcher is to blame. If the electricity generating / distributing companies, gas generating / distributing companies and water companies were still state owned then everything would be under control, not like it is now.

I.e. EDF (Électricité de France) owns a lot of our former regional electricity companies that were owned by the UK state. EDF is majority owned by the French state. It has put up its prices of electricity in France by 4%. But for its customers in the UK it has put up its prices by an obscene amount with yet more of a dreadful increase scheduled for October.

The most rampant right wing Tory cannot put up an argument against the fact that this was treason by Thatcher.

For me it's not so much who is to blame, more a case of what is the Government going to do to help those who are clearly going to struggle to keep warm and in some cases eat.

Cutting taxes will not be enough.

The Conservatives and Labour have policies of making certain that there are fewer poor people. The Conservative policy is that in the winter this year a lot of the poor will either starve to death or freeze to death, thus there will be fewer poor people. But under Conservative rule there have to be poor people in order that the mega-rich can laugh at them, so those that were just about struggling along will become poor, the 'nouveau poor' so to speak.

Chalky, you notice the petrol expense because in putting it into your car you look at the pump's display of the amount of petrol and the overall price as it is working. You probably pay by card but if you pay by cash you again notice the amount. So this all round manual exercise is something for which you obviously are immediately aware of the price.

But your electricity, gas and water bills are probably paid automatically from your bank account, so there is no one obvious moment when you see the cash leave you and go to these companies.

You need to go red squirrel hunting Chalky and chill out. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You need to go red squirrel hunting Chalky and chill out. 👍
    Ayup alfie,nice to see you on here,I traveled up to Cumbria last week to see if i could spot some expecting to stay up there for two weeks so for the first four days I spent doing the tourist spots only to find out that I had to get back on the Friday due to a mix up with the neighbour who was looking after Coco,one day Alf,one day...👍

Quote Originally Posted by C_U_N_T View Post
    Chalky, you notice the petrol expense because in putting it into your car you look at the pump's display of the amount of petrol and the overall price as it is working. You probably pay by card but if you pay by cash you again notice the amount. So this all round manual exercise is something for which you obviously are immediately aware of the price.

But your electricity, gas and water bills are probably paid automatically from your bank account, so there is no one obvious moment when you see the cash leave you and go to these companies.

You are probably right C.U.N.T,I do pay for petrol by card and I lost my online banking so I've no idea what's being taken out bill wise and I'm dreading to look after watching the news for the past week

There’s talk of average prices going up to £4,200 in October. Well, I’m already paying that as there’s no gas in most rural villages and I’m on oil. It went up to over a quid a litre recently and we have to pay up front. No dual fuel discounts either.

Still, mustn’t’t grumble.

How many houses are in your village Griff,is it like Emmerdale or the Archers with loads of scandals going on behind the scene?
    Is it a close knit community or do people keep to themselves to themselves?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)