+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Janis Ian - At Seventean

Janis Ian - At Seventean

I'd forgotten this one.

Beautiful song with great lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SuavKHes_Y

You’re right there; it should be played to all ****age girls who think that they know (or invented) it all.

There’s nowt that I’m buy that’s modern, in fact with a handful of exceptions music died on or around 1st January 1980. My two latest purchases have just arrived; Matching Mole’s Little Red Record produced by Klimt records on red vinyl and Caravan’s ‘In the Land of Grey and Pink’ also on vinyl. Music made in 1971/2 and still being pressed onto plastic.

Why the f­uck is 't­een' in the naughty word database?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    You’re right there; it should be played to all ****age girls who think that they know (or invented) it all.

There’s nowt that I’m buy that’s modern, in fact with a handful of exceptions music died on or around 1st January 1980. My two latest purchases have just arrived; Matching Mole’s Little Red Record produced by Klimt records on red vinyl and Caravan’s ‘In the Land of Grey and Pink’ also on vinyl. Music made in 1971/2 and still being pressed onto plastic.
    I agree regarding post 70's music.

Probably sacrilege to say this but I never really was able to get into Soft Machine, even though they were regarded as Gods by a small minority at my school. Likewise Matching Mole. Probably too close to a modern jazz style for my taste.

Caravan was a different genre and much easier on the ear to me.

I recall listening to both Soft Machine and Caravan on numerous occasions during the early 1970s but was never sufficiently enticed to buy any of their albums.

Listened to Golf Girl tonight and realise I should have tried harder.

I remember Soft Machine’s third album (the one with the beige cover) being carried under the arms of numerous art college wannabes at school back then. Having played Matching Mole’s LRR now I’ve remembered that I far preferred their first effort - far more musical - but you try getting a decent copy for under £40. I didn’t think much of Caravan back in th day either but the Canterbury stuff is more to my taste now. Who knew?

Music didn't die on the 1st January 1980 it just evolved as music should,there's lots of great music out if you look that will blow your minds of you let it,the trouble with you proggys and metal fans (yes you bdb) is that you're all stuck in the same decade and refuse to move... Having said that At 17 is truly a great song that pulls at the heartstrings,I'm a sucker for sad song,Homethoughts from Abroad by Clifford T Ward is another that springs to mind and that was a bloody B side,what the hell was you lot on back in the day

Beer from an early age Chalky.

Can’t beat KISS… we’re awesome at Download.. over 30 years I have seen many rock bands live.. it stays in the memory of my top 5 👍

Black Lace were ace, their music was so understatedly profound that only superior intellects like Frank could truly understand it.

There you go, whod of thought this would come up. Water Colours is as good if not better, ive got the album. Why dont writers do this sort of music anymore.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)