+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Lowery

I know I keep coming back to him and I accept that he is currently stewing in a stew of his own partial making but I do wonder what's happening- such a waste!.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I know I keep coming back to him and I accept that he is currently stewing in a stew of his own partial making but I do wonder what's happening- such a waste!.
    It is a waste but wonder if clubs have to pay a fee for him as he was an academy player. I suppose he could sign on a month to month basis but maybe that would be unfair on those that sign contracts. Of course agents could have been involved and now dropped out? What about our ex CF who also didn't want to stay?

BTW gazan, Stockport had a nightmare start against Barrow...That result surprised even me...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    It is a waste but wonder if clubs have to pay a fee for him as he was an academy player. I suppose he could sign on a month to month basis but maybe that would be unfair on those that sign contracts. Of course agents could have been involved and now dropped out? What about our ex CF who also didn't want to stay?

BTW gazan, Stockport had a nightmare start against Barrow...That result surprised even me...
    I know! I was keeping an eye on that throughout our game. Had a good chuckle all round with fellow supporters in nearby seats. Always wanted them to be back in EFL as they were badly done to by the aptly named Sale Sharks. However, some people have short memories and some imagine they are a big club🙄. Just (nearest) rivals, now though!

No fee for Tom Lowery - he's 24 now. That's (part of) why we wanted him to sign new contract as no compensation possible.

Mika Mandron back with his old club, Gillingham.

Different circumstances now for TL.

Last season he was still under contract with Crewe - but was left out in-the-cold.

This season he is a free agent, and the club is no longer paying his wages.

Having already missed-the-boat with regards to finding a club prior to the start of the (EFL) season he is gonna find it tough to get into an EFL team (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Different circumstances now for TL.

Last season he was still under contract with Crewe - but was left out in-the-cold.

This season he is a free agent, and the club is no longer paying his wages.

Having already missed-the-boat with regards to finding a club prior to the start of the (EFL) season he is gonna find it tough to get into an EFL team (imho)
    I agree - astonished frankly, I think we all thought he'd got a pre-signed contract in his agent's pocket already. If he hadn't, what was the point. And he was so keen to keep fit and be ready to play last year, how is he feeling now .....?

The other problem with TL is that i think that he has burnt his bridges with regards playing for Crewe again (imho) ...

If you were the manager and he knocks on your door tomorrow and says he wants to play for Crewe again - what would your response be (?)

I would love him back minus his agent. I suspect his wages have already gone on another member of our squad. Too late I'm afraid. Great shame. Maybe one day we'll get some insight of the whole sorry saga.

TL signs for pompey. He's got some Catching up to do to get match fit. Be interesting to know how much He's on.

According to the same article I got this from Owen Dale is due to be announced as Portsmouth's next signing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast