+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Lowery

Tommy Lowery

Rumours building that Port Vale are in for Tommy, but could face opposition from Wrexham who allegedly are prepared to pay 4k a week.

Vale wont pay that, especially as he's not guaranteed a shirt, probably cover for Conlon or maybe a replacement for Taylor who's gone to Morecambe, Vale are strong in the midfield dept. interesting one to keep an eye on.

Either would be a lack of ambition for/from the player.

Strangely enough feel Wreckscum might be more ambitious, as the money will surely move them up soon - plus he's Wales qualified of course. Odd though, as we all thought all season he must have a pre-deal agreed somewhere. Obviously not or he'd have been announced by now. Is he training anywhere do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Either would be a lack of ambition for/from the player.
    Rumoured to have had a trial at Ipswich, as for ambition perhaps he's not as good as many Alex fans like to think, a self inflated importance comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    Rumoured to have had a trial at Ipswich, as for ambition perhaps he's not as good as many Alex fans like to think, a self inflated importance comes to mind.
    Think you are spot on there Terry. So many faults in his game you would not know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Think you are spot on there Terry. So many faults in his game you would not know where to start.

Has ability as he showed last season in a very very poor team, just his stature lets him down which is why I believe he won’t play any higher than league 1. Can’t fault the lad for wanting as much money as he can it’s such a short career, I just wish Crewe could just push the boat out and retain our best players it is always gauling when you lose them to teams in the same division.

Or even lower, if it was Wrexham.

I wonder if he's having any thoughts about his agent after all the trouble caused last season and the 'inevitability' of his leaving convinced many of us that he was already fixed up?
    Interestingly, at the end of season awards Luke Murphy asked him "where are you going?" in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. Perhaps he knew!
    Whatever, I still think, surrounded by better players (and not having to do ALL the work!), he would manage at Championship level. If Vale and Wrexham are the only options, then he ought to sack his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I wonder if he's having any thoughts about his agent after all the trouble caused last season and the 'inevitability' of his leaving convinced many of us that he was already fixed up?
    Interestingly, at the end of season awards Luke Murphy asked him "where are you going?" in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. Perhaps he knew!
    Whatever, I still think, surrounded by better players (and not having to do ALL the work!), he would manage at Championship level. If Vale and Wrexham are the only options, then he ought to sack his agent.

I always take on board your comments Gazan however I can’t agree with you on Lowery I don’t think he would make it in the champs as he is vertically challenged I am disappointed for him that he is being badly advised by his agent a contract offer on the table from Crewe and 1 week from the season opener and he is club less what is his agent thinking about ????

Is this going to be the second season on the run where Tommy will not be playing the first game? Tragic waste and as for advice and agents, don't get me started. Anybody got any clues on where he has been keeping himself fit, presumably he has? Tommy remember in your job it is potentially a very short career, take charge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast