+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum brittain

Sorry EFL and PL !

Hey I haven't got a problem with living within your means,however when you have wealthy owners who cannot spend due to restrictions but other clubs can,it just doesn't make sense.
    Certain clubs can do as they please because of connections in the right places.
    Personally I believe that any new owners of football clubs should be educated on different aspects of football and asked to sign a paper to the tune of,any debt run up will fall at your door.
    That will give owners the option of spending their money or run a club efficiently and properly.
    I believe FFP has some massive flaws in which smaller clubs do not stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Hey I haven't got a problem with living within your means,however when you have wealthy owners who cannot spend due to restrictions but other clubs can,it just doesn't make sense.
    Personally I believe that any new owners of football clubs should be educated on different aspects of football and asked to sign a paper to the tune of,any debt run up will fall at your door.
    That will give owners the option of spending their money or run a club efficiently and properly.
    I believe FFP has some massive flaws in which smaller clubs do not stand a chance.
    I agree, the flaws in it- ieletting a business go £39m in debt over 3 years - is one of them. Our previous owner (who passed away a few years ago), was once asked the question ‘how do yo7 become a millionaire’?, his reply was - be a billionaire and buy a football club- says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    The EFL are to blame in short, as much as I might appear a pain the rectum I have emailed them to this effect
    Finally, one thing I can agree with. You are really boring, and a lonely old man. Please go away now. I shan't be responding to you ramblings anymore.
    You have been responding at times to nobody.

Do you not find it odd Robin, this fkng expert is not sat on Man City's fans forum shouting about FFP.
    Incredible. He is aiming all of this at a little tiny club in lancashire. Like we are the bad guys in all of this.
    Look at the sides in football ruining football. Clubs like Man City.
    Look at the likes of Forest who cheated the system and got away with breaking FFP. And Leicester City.
    Of course, he wont be aware we actually got heavily fined for breaking FFP.
    He is quick to remind us of the one season season we had in Div1 but will not have done his research in to how we ended up there. FFP. A ban on transfers. We won promotion after just one season. Barnsley have spent as much time in the third tier of english football as they have in the Champ over the past 53 years. 53 years a very long time. It will have been almost the time this clown has been watching football. We have spent just 2 seasons in Div3 in the past 53 years. Once in 1980. Once in 2018. It was brief. We do not belong at that level with small clubs like Barnsley.

Because we signed a RB from that small club, this cretin has announced the following.
    We will get fined due to FFP. That won't happen.
    We will get relegated. that won't happen.
    Brereton will leave in Aug. That won't happen.
    All because we signed a RB from his little irrelevant selling club who's best players have all left to join good established Championship clubs like us. Not stay at a some little yo-yo club that are just like Rotherham or little Wigan. They spend as much time in the english 3rd tier than any other division.
    But because we signed their RB, we get this clown for 6 days running.

We both know now Robin, once it becomes clear we are doing well, we won't hear from him again.
    Once it becomes clear Brereton will stay, he won't come back and admit he was wrong.
    once it becomes clear we will not get hit by FFP, he wont be back to say ...I was wrong.
    He is running out of steam and as soon as we start getting a few decent results, that will be that.

I feel he was using us as an example because his back was against a wall rather than I deep seated hatred against us...well at least I would like to think it was that.
    FFP is a badly thought out process designed to make the big bigger and the small smaller.
    "Oh but it protects clubs"
    No it doesn't at all,if anything it makes the situation worse.
    Owners need education not a free reign of madness.

I feel he was using us as an example because his back was against a wall rather than I deep seated hatred against us...well at least I would like to think it was that.
    FFP is a badly thought out process designed to make the big bigger and the small smaller.
    "Oh but it protects clubs"
    No it doesn't at all,if anything it makes the situation worse.
    Owners need education not a free reign of madness.
    For the record I have nothing against BRFC, my points initially were that Callum Brittain's attitude was appalling, it makes my stomach turn when players are openly critical of management - not only because these matters should be kept under wraps and behind closed doors, but it sets alarm bells ringing about the lack of leadership and can be very divisive for a dressing room. When the chips are down I have been brought up to dig in and get out of the crap, not try and create issues. In my eyes, he wanted out and if I had seen how he performed last season and were in a position of power at the club, I would have told him not to bother coming in. My point simply with him is that he is not the player for a scrap (In my opinion) and he has an inflated opinion of his abilities - while things in the garden are rosy you may well see a decent player - he was good under Ismael, but the side of I saw of him last season was nothing short of a disgrace

I said as a club you might struggle next season - not that you'd get relegated. If you sold Diaz is that really inconceivable?
    On the Diaz situation - given your clubs financials and him only having a year left on his contract, is it really that far fetched to see you cash your chips in? - he is a £12-15m player now - in January, about £2-3m would be tabled as he can be had for a freebie next summer. He will be 24 in April so that avenue goes aswell. This means you are going to have to gamble on keeping hold of your better players in pursuit of the promised land, if you have no chance of going up then you re likely to sell in January at a cut price - would the club risk this given the mountain of debt?

As for our history - Around 70% of the last 53 years have been in the second tier, and if you stretch that back through our history its circa 80-85%. However, the landscape of football has changed so the history is totally irrelevant. Bournemouth as an example are on a different level to us yet history books tell you otherwise, Brentford another example.

I have said you are bigger club than us, but you are massively overspending - 180% of turnover on player wages! Our owners are allegedly some of the richest in football and own about 9 other clubs and are worth billions , yet they choose not to invest.

Check the first 2 posts and nothing is mentioned with regards to you as a club - the first bullets were clearly fired by Champ95 in my direction by way of personal insults and then regarding the club I support. I have been brought up to stand my ground.

If someone asked me are Barnsley FC a good side? My answer is no , we are crap, and looking at League 1 I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if we werent in the top 10 - I am happy if we consolidate and dont have a season of embarrassment. The day around the football is what makes the day more than the football itself , when I was younger this wasnt the case, but as priorities change and realism kicks in then you learn to accept we are what we are - that is now at best a yo-yo club between L1 and championship - that might be L1 & L2 - but I will still be there.

A dose of realism to supporters of alot of clubs wouldnt go amiss

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    For the record I have nothing against BRFC, my points initially were that Callum Brittain's attitude was appalling, it makes my stomach turn when players are openly critical of management - not only because these matters should be kept under wraps and behind closed doors, but it sets alarm bells ringing about the lack of leadership and can be very divisive for a dressing room. When the chips are down I have been brought up to dig in and get out of the crap, not try and create issues. In my eyes, he wanted out and if I had seen how he performed last season and were in a position of power at the club, I would have told him not to bother coming in. My point simply with him is that he is not the player for a scrap (In my opinion) and he has an inflated opinion of his abilities - while things in the garden are rosy you may well see a decent player - he was good under Ismael, but the side of I saw of him last season was nothing short of a disgrace

I said as a club you might struggle next season - not that you'd get relegated. If you sold Diaz is that really inconceivable?
    On the Diaz situation - given your clubs financials and him only having a year left on his contract, is it really that far fetched to see you cash your chips in? - he is a £12-15m player now - in January, about £2-3m would be tabled as he can be had for a freebie next summer. He will be 24 in April so that avenue goes aswell. This means you are going to have to gamble on keeping hold of your better players in pursuit of the promised land, if you have no chance of going up then you re likely to sell in January at a cut price - would the club risk this given the mountain of debt?

As for our history - Around 70% of the last 53 years have been in the second tier, and if you stretch that back through our history its circa 80-85%. However, the landscape of football has changed so the history is totally irrelevant. Bournemouth as an example are on a different level to us yet history books tell you otherwise, Brentford another example.

I have said you are bigger club than us, but you are massively overspending - 180% of turnover on player wages! Our owners are allegedly some of the richest in football and own about 9 other clubs and are worth billions , yet they choose not to invest.

Check the first 2 posts and nothing is mentioned with regards to you as a club - the first bullets were clearly fired by Champ95 in my direction by way of personal insults and then regarding the club I support. I have been brought up to stand my ground.

If someone asked me are Barnsley FC a good side? My answer is no , we are crap, and looking at League 1 I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if we werent in the top 10 - I am happy if we consolidate and dont have a season of embarrassment. The day around the football is what makes the day more than the football itself , when I was younger this wasnt the case, but as priorities change and realism kicks in then you learn to accept we are what we are - that is now at best a yo-yo club between L1 and championship - that might be L1 & L2 - but I will still be there.

A dose of realism to supporters of alot of clubs wouldnt go amiss
    Firstly, you fail to mention the Cat A Academy at Blackburn Rovers. One we are immensley proud of. We produce good solid Championship players and half of our first team is from our academy. You fail to mention that anywhere. It is our lifeline.

Secondly, you came here onto our site. Not the other way round. In no way where you here for a chat. You came on because you dislike your old RB. Go and email him direct, why take out your frustration on us. We did nothing.
    You started off obnoxious, and got told where to go. You didn't like that, so stayed with your back to the wall.
    Had to adopted a nicer approach, you would have gotten a more welcoming first few messages. You came on the attack, you got back what you gave out and didn't like it.

We are not visiting your clubs site. You are a visitor here. If you don't like getting it back with both barrells, don't give it out in the first place. Simple as that. I will treat people how they treat me. Be okay, be normal, I will be normal back.
    Act like you did, i will simply go out of my way to get under your skin. And you will not like it.
    Be normal, you will find I will happily chat and be fine with you.

We are proud of our club. We have actually achieved alot in our long history. We are the most successful town football club in the country. We are proud of that.
    If you genuinely thought you could come on here and run us down, and get no reaction, you are more crazy than I first thought.

Respect is a 2 way street. And you definitely reap what you sow.

Both myself and Robin are very vocal and have spoken at length on this site about the numerous issues that have caused our club to have lost of financial issues. We know our club much better than you ever will. We are both fully aware of where we are. Do not be under the impression we are both looking through rose tinted glasses. We are not in the slightest.
    We have both been extremely critical. We as a club are far from perfect. Equally, neither of us are willing to sit and be lectured by a Barnsley fan about our financial situation. Or our player situation. We are much closer to what is happening on a daily basis at our club, than you are. But we are both pretty balanced. Its all good. Its not all bad.

Finally, I will now post below your first 3 messages. Have a read, remember you came here as a guest. You do not know either of us. So read this and then think on how different you could have approached this.
    Something to think about.

below is your first post here -

Hall Of Fame

For balance , his attitude stunk to high heaven last season and along with cauley Woodrow was the most vocal and openly critical of our managers. Whilst I’m not saying I disagreed , he was under contract with us and this kind of opinion should have been kept to himself. What it did say is that if you need to scrap then he ain’t your man or the player you think he is . Ismael kept him under wraps and his little outbursts wouldn’t have been tolerated otherwise he would’ve been out of the exit door. A good player will shine in a crap team -he looked as bad if not worse than the rest . As far as his finishings concerned lets hope for his partner/wife’s benefit he’s better in the bedroom . Instead of messing with his headband he needs to work on other areas of his game. You’ve signed a bang average footballer who was made to look better due to a sum of the teams parts. All allegedly of course

my response, go and check ...I do want you to. ...was he is better than the RB we had already.
    Explain how that was me firing a shot?

You are trying and failing to turn the tables here. Remember, all this is in black & white.

Next I will post your second message as a reply to me saying, he is better than the RB we had.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)