+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Callum brittain

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I was being sarcastic!
    As we lost 3-0 aswell

I can see that you lost by the same score.
    I didn't know your result so I can see the sarcasm now.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I can see that you lost by the same score.
    I didn't know your result so I can see the sarcasm now.
    Fair enough I missed that too.
    I don't mind other fans taking the piss when we are rubbish. I was just unsure why anyone with no foot in either camp would care. But I misread it.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Fair enough I missed that too.
    I don't mind other fans taking the piss when we are rubbish. I was just unsure why anyone with no foot in either camp would care. But I misread it.
    I didnt realise you'd lost 3 nil twice until I'd seen the replies - I might come across as a nobber but I'm not that vindictive. I've nothing against BRFC

I didnt realise you'd lost 3 nil twice until I'd seen the replies - I might come across as a nobber but I'm not that vindictive. I've nothing against BRFC
    We are having a tough few games which happens.
    No worries, if I misread I do apologise, you are welcome here.

We are having a tough few games which happens.
    No worries, if I misread I do apologise, you are welcome here.
    I think given what's been said between us I can see why it wouldve been read that way - I never realised your result prior to Sheff Utd.

Our season is going to be a long old slog - a good cup run (even in the Papa smurf trophy) and mid table will do me. ANy Reds fans thinking we will go straight back up are highly optimistic and I could do with some of what they've been on. I think we have a good manager in Michael Duff and he needs to be given 3 years as a minimum

I think given what's been said between us I can see why it wouldve been read that way - I never realised your result prior to Sheff Utd.

Our season is going to be a long old slog - a good cup run (even in the Papa smurf trophy) and mid table will do me. ANy Reds fans thinking we will go straight back up are highly optimistic and I could do with some of what they've been on. I think we have a good manager in Michael Duff and he needs to be given 3 years as a minimum
    I have kept my eye on Duff after he did a very good job at Cheltenham Town and they appeared to have a pretty decent. You spot these guys as there is no money at this level, and guys like him are working on a real shoe-string budget. With what he was working with, he created a nice side playing good football.
    You are alot closer to your club and will know alot more. Whenever the likes of you or Rotherham (Wigan too) go down, I kind of expect to see you around the top 7 the following season. So I was expecting that this time round, but I am not sure after what your saying here.
    Who are the favs in Div1 out of interest?

I have kept my eye on Duff after he did a very good job at Cheltenham Town and they appeared to have a pretty decent. You spot these guys as there is no money at this level, and guys like him are working on a real shoe-string budget. With what he was working with, he created a nice side playing good football.
    You are alot closer to your club and will know alot more. Whenever the likes of you or Rotherham (Wigan too) go down, I kind of expect to see you around the top 7 the following season. So I was expecting that this time round, but I am not sure after what your saying here.
    Who are the favs in Div1 out of interest?
    He did aye, the problem he's got is our relegation sale to contend with - we still expect Styles, Helik and Andersen to leave - we've still go about £4m of lost TV revenue to make up after selling Morris, Woodrow and Brittain. We've spent nothing in the transfer market on 5/6 players - He knew this was likely the case before he came (Or I hope he did!).

I would say Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Peterborough, plymouth , Derby, Portsmouth, Charlton, Wycombe, Oxford would all be put in front of us - there's always a surprise package in most divisions as well.

For me , as long as we show some desire and look like we have a plan and structure to what we're doing I'll take mid table and a good cup run. One thing that might give us a shout is if we grow in confidence with a good sequence of results. At the minute it feels like we're quite fragile confidence wise , which is probably because everytime we went a goal down last season there heads dropped.

This division has some terrible finishing (us included - although Wycombe bucked this trend on saturday , but they were the deserved winners anyway) so you can get away with being a bit more on the front foot.

This manager seems an ambitious bloke - its whether we get to a stage whether or not we can match his ambition, should he start developing his own group of players and flogging these from under him - we have a recent history of dismantling a good side

He did aye, the problem he's got is our relegation sale to contend with - we still expect Styles, Helik and Andersen to leave - we've still go about £4m of lost TV revenue to make up after selling Morris, Woodrow and Brittain. We've spent nothing in the transfer market on 5/6 players - He knew this was likely the case before he came (Or I hope he did!).

I would say Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Peterborough, plymouth , Derby, Portsmouth, Charlton, Wycombe, Oxford would all be put in front of us - there's always a surprise package in most divisions as well.

For me , as long as we show some desire and look like we have a plan and structure to what we're doing I'll take mid table and a good cup run. One thing that might give us a shout is if we grow in confidence with a good sequence of results. At the minute it feels like we're quite fragile confidence wise , which is probably because everytime we went a goal down last season there heads dropped.

This division has some terrible finishing (us included - although Wycombe bucked this trend on saturday , but they were the deserved winners anyway) so you can get away with being a bit more on the front foot.

This manager seems an ambitious bloke - its whether we get to a stage whether or not we can match his ambition, should he start developing his own group of players and flogging these from under him - we have a recent history of dismantling a good side
    That’s my first prediction wrong, in fairness it’s good to see a player being loyal and by the sounds of it it’s not affected his performances - we saw the opposite of this at oakwell in one of our fire sales in years gone by! Hope you’re well Robin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)