+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum brittain

Callum brittain

Just a medical away from signing apparently.
    Great first signing if this happens 👏
    A positive

Yeah, sounds good, a good few more to come in yet.
    They have only been here 5 mins, it all takes time, they just needed some time, support and a bit of faith.
    Tough I know, but that's why I keep sounding like a broken record. Most season we get our business done quite late. There is a reason for that. And we are always fine.
    We will end up with a pretty decent side, and a decent manager.

And Ryan Nyambe will be playing for Wigan

I am prepared to reserve judgement on where we will end up until the window closes.
    This will be a good start though

He is decent, Better than Ryan anyway.
    they are on talks with a midfielder from Peterborough. The window closes on 31st Aug. There will be plenty of time to get things done, but slowly & surely we will get numbers in on loan or on free deals. Like with this lad from Barnsley.

The one major concern for me is Dack. Not featured in one pre-season game. Hasn't kicked a ball yet.
    It has been played down, but I am starting to think we will only see him coming off the bench and playing very little. Those where 2 horrific injuries, he isn't young and it was always inevitable he would have other complications. I hope I am wrong, I really like him and wish him well, but I do fear the worst.

I think that's why the lad from Peterborough is being lined up as I think the reality is that dack will never be the same again.
    Also markanday can also slot in that role plus hedges will be a big player this season.
    We don't need dack as much as we have done in the past.
    It's a shame though as he has been a massive talent for us but huge bad luck has played a part in his downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I think that's why the lad from Peterborough is being lined up as I think the reality is that dack will never be the same again.
    Also markanday can also slot in that role plus hedges will be a big player this season.
    We don't need dack as much as we have done in the past.
    It's a shame though as he has been a massive talent for us but huge bad luck has played a part in his downfall.
    Its a pity, as Dack fully firing is a big thing for us, but like you say, we have had to learn to live without him, and being fair we have scored plenty of goals in his absence, I'm not sure it's a massive loss. But maybe he just needs more time, and they are being extra careful with him.
    Vale is the big one for me, him an Buckley. I think they will both go on to have decent seasons and play a huge part and show their talent.
    I can see Brereton, Vale and Gallagher playing in a front 3.
    The next player we need a CB. After that a few loans an for midfield cover, I'm not sure we need much more.
    A decent CB and a few cover midfielders and we are looking pretty good I think, I'm quite looking forward to see how they get on.

Even though the kids are doing alright a centre back is essential.
    Ayala won't play more than 15 games and then you are completely relying on the youngsters.
    I would be happy with that scenario of a few loans in midfield and a centre back and we are good to go.
    Let's get this brittain deal over the line first.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Even though the kids are doing alright a centre back is essential.
    Ayala won't play more than 15 games and then you are completely relying on the youngsters.
    I would be happy with that scenario of a few loans in midfield and a centre back and we are good to go.
    Let's get this brittain deal over the line first.
    Yeah agreed, lets get this Brittain deal done first then move onto the next one, we will all feel a bit better and more reassured once we get a few in in the positions we desperatley need the, like CB and RB.
    I think we could be fine with what we have once we got those player in, as I think our first 14/15 are as good as anyone in the league. The big difference is, over a 46 games season, clubs like us will fall away once we start to lose some of that first team. If they all stayed fit, then we would be fine. Its when we lose someone like Travis for a month. who would play then. Thats where other clubs overtake us as they have bigger and stronger squads. They dont have as good a first team, but they have better squad players to step in. If we lose a key man like Travis, we would struggle with the next person who steps in. We can hold out for a game or 2, any longer and things would start to unravel. Which I feel is what happened last season. man for man, 11 vrs vrs we are one of the best, young sides around. We now have a manager who is trying to be adaptable with the players he has. I do also believe he has had a good look at some of the young players we have like Buckley, Vale, Dolan and he feels he can save on some transfers as he feels they are good enough. But they definately need some new blood, certainly at RB and CB and CM. Thats not even up for debate.

Update - he has just signed.
    I like this one, good to get it done.
    Now onto the next one.

Good signing and could well see a couple more by a week Saturday

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)