+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carers Of Dundee ad on TV

Carers Of Dundee ad on TV

I look after my wife because she's basically as much use as t1ts on a pig, she can't drive but won't walk to work and there are no buses so I have to drive her, I also often need to carry her home after a night out - that seems to make me a 'carer'.

Let's be honest if a woman giving up work to look after her own kid and a girl helping her mum get her wee brother ready for school are carers then I want to be considered one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I look after my wife because she's basically as much use as t1ts on a pig, she can't drive but won't walk to work and there are no buses so I have to drive her, I also often need to carry her home after a night out - that seems to make me a 'carer'.

Let's be honest if a woman giving up work to look after her own kid and a girl helping her mum get her wee brother ready for school are carers then I want to be considered one too.
    When you got married you stated that ‘from this day forward, to have and to hold in sickness and in health’ which means that you have to look after your wife as she looks after you.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When you got married you stated that ‘from this day forward, to have and to hold in sickness and in health’ which means that you have to look after your wife as she looks after you.
    You really are a moron. It was a joke.

For the record I also joined the RAF and swore alleigance to The Queen of England, her heirs and successors because I desperately needed a job, something that a 20 year old had little hope of in Thatcher's Britain, but I've changed my mind about that too and the Queen, her heirs and successors can now do one. You do what you have to to look after your family in hard times though and a white lie now and again doesn't harm anyone does it?

It used to be that you could change your mind, now it's made up for you of course.

You really are a moron. It was a joke.

For the record I also joined the RAF and swore alleigance to The Queen of England, her heirs and successors because I desperately needed a job, something that a 20 year old had little hope of in Thatcher's Britain, but I've changed my mind about that too and the Queen, her heirs and successors can now do one. You do what you have to to look after your family in hard times though and a white lie now and again doesn't harm anyone does it?

It used to be that you could change your mind, now it's made up for you of course.
    Left school in 1984.

In the middle of thatchers Britain......as did the vast majority of my acquaintances.

I don't know one person who was unemployed for years in that age group.

By 20 I had a mortgage, 22 a car ( not leased or bought by parents) was going on regular foreign holidays, comfortably afford a season tic and a few pints, wasn't regularly attending foodbanks or the like, was able to put clothes on my back and save a bit of money each month buy my first shares and look forward very positively.

It's imho a myth that the Thatcher years were bad for the youth of the day.

Some aulder industries suffered and the attitude that Thatcher was evil went from the aulder generation to the young but the younger generation did fairly well.

And never forget Thatcher was responsible for the policy that created wealth and "upward mobility" for the working class.....right to buy.,...........maybe something for the section 18 laddies to ponder before they post ****e on their web page.😎

Thinking back to her wee speech outside number 10

Francis of Assisi if I mind right.

Where their is discord, may we bring hope......tick

Where their is error, may we bring harmony....hung jury

Where their is doubt, may we bring faith ......tick

Where there is despair, may we bring hope......majority verdict.

Then we have sturgeon.

It's the toaaaries, it's the English, it's Westminster, it's no oor fault, where there is heroin may we bring methadone.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Left school in 1984.

In the middle of thatchers Britain......as did the vast majority of my acquaintances.

By 20 I had a mortgage, 22 a car ( not leased or bought by parents) was going on regular foreign holidays, comfortably afford a season tic and a few pints, wasn't regularly attending foodbanks or the like, was able to put clothes on my back and save a bit of money each month buy my first shares and look forward very positively.

Some aulder industries suffered and the attitude that Thatcher was evil went from the aulder generation to the young but the younger generation did fairly well.

And never forget Thatcher was responsible for the policy that created wealth and "upward mobility" for the working class.....right to buy.,...........maybe something for the section 18 laddies to ponder before they post ****e on their web page.😎
    Different policies help different people,bringing up a family has crazy costs unless you can afford your wife to stay off work.
    We were £500 a month 17 years ago for nursery,cringe to think what it is now.
    You get a wee help when kid is 3 I think.
    Then you have the free bus travel now for youngsters,my daughter is away to start at Andrews in sept so we benefit from this.
    I suppose you can't please everyone.
    And remember Maggie started her wee poll tax experiment on us first.
    Did a really work out.

Left school in 1984.

And never forget Thatcher was responsible for the policy that created wealth and "upward mobility" for the working class.....right to buy.,...........maybe something for the section 18 laddies to ponder before they post ****e on their web page.��
    I left school in 1979 and got an apprenticeship. Place closed in 1981 as a direct result of the witch's policies. 18 years of age and on the heap.

Went from casual job to casual job before the evil one decided, probably after nearly getting her arse felt over the Falklands, to massively increase the armed forces so got the lifeline.

Second best thing I ever did was joining the RAF in 1984, set me up for a life of decent career and earnings. Best thing was coming out of the RAF in 1996 to grab those chances, governments after hers slashed the forces, and finding things 100 times better job wise than when I went in.

Not a lot in it but between her election in 1979 and me losing that apprenticeship in 1981 she destroyed industry in this country and left millions like me with very few options.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Different policies help different people,bringing up a family has crazy costs unless you can afford your wife to stay off work.
    We were £500 a month 17 years ago for nursery,cringe to think what it is now.
    You get a wee help when kid is 3 I think.
    Then you have the free bus travel now for youngsters,my daughter is away to start at Andrews in sept so we benefit from this.
    I suppose you can't please everyone.
    And remember Maggie started her wee poll tax experiment on us first.
    Did a really work out.
    Scotland was due a revaluation that's why it was started year before but Tommy Sheridan and co just bull****ted.

If I was wanna swing I'd take advice AFF o Tommy, local govt funding.....nah.😆

I left school in 1979 and got an apprenticeship. Place closed in 1981 as a direct result of the witch's policies. 18 years of age and on the heap.

Went from casual job to casual job before the evil one decided, probably after nearly getting her arse felt over the Falklands, to massively increase the armed forces so got the lifeline.

Second best thing I ever did was joining the RAF in 1984, set me up for a life of decent career and earnings. Best thing was coming out of the RAF in 1996 to grab those chances, governments after hers slashed the forces, and finding things 100 times better job wise than when I went in.

Not a lot in it but between her election in 1979 and me losing that apprenticeship in 1981 she destroyed industry in this country and left millions like me with very few options.
    I can't disagree more.

You said no 20 year old had hope of a job......I'll let you off with gross exaggeration.

This nostalgic ****e about AHH **** in it together in the early mid seventies grinds my gears a bit.

Thatcher raised expectation those who cud grabbed opportunity, those that couldn't struggled, those that cudnt be arsed.....meh.

I'll say again I saw little poverty despair or lack of hope thru my ****s and 20s, mixed with manual workers, professional and those going thru uni to better themselves

I honestly think they will be the best times I'll ever live thru

Scotland was due a revaluation that's why it was started year before but Tommy Sheridan and co just bull****ted.

If I was wanna swing I'd take advice AFF o Tommy, local govt funding.....nah.😆
    Yeah but the poll tax was a disaster,councils lost millions,the electrol roll went down by millions all over the country.
    It is recognised by most as a shambles and rightly so.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)