+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Carers Of Dundee ad on TV

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks for the information. I think that Karl Marx would argue that this £24783.12 of retained profit was the undistributed value of each employee's labour. I don't think that companies should be expected to distribute all their income, by way of wages, to those who work for that company. There needs to be some element of retained profits to replace machinery, build new facilities and invest in research and development.

I agree that it is unfair to have workers requiring in work benefits to make their lives economically bearable. I think the answer is to increase rates of pay but if prices are to be pegged and inflation is to be avoided and a lower level of profits seems to be the only answer. Lower profits will inevitably mean less investment in the business.

The National Board for Prices and Incomes was created by the government of Harold Wilson in 1965 in an attempt to solve the problem of inflation in the British economy by managing wages and prices. It didn't last very long because it didn't work.

I think that there is much wrong with the way our society is behaving. Those in authority seem to see themselves as being above the rules that apply to those they lead, and this applies to both the public and private sectors. There are companies being sold to foreign owned venture capitalists and even some that have been sold to foreign national governments, I think that this is a long term danger to our country but as long as we have politicians who worry more about their job than the good of the country I am afraid we will just have to put up with it.
    A large percentage of folk choose part time hours because they want the benefits and more spare time .....ask jdfc about how difficult it is to get part timers to go full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No those with most shares will.
    Pretty sure the billionaires will have a lot more shares than the ordinary worker

Quote Originally Posted by frankiekopel View Post
    Pretty sure the billionaires will have a lot more shares than the ordinary worker
    Less than 200 billionaires in UK.....so probably a a handful in Scotland.

Politics of envy is running riot here like

but that's the point. It should be more about how to build bigger businesses that make eneryone better off. Had hoped the RMT thread might produce some ideas, but it seems that we are destined to be battling among ourselves rather than taking on new chllenges around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    but that's the point. It should be more about how to build bigger businesses that make eneryone better off. Had hoped the RMT thread might produce some ideas, but it seems that we are destined to be battling among ourselves rather than taking on new chllenges around the world.
    You cud everyone a millionaire, wudnt matter people gen envious.

Not from me ,like you I left the Harris in 83 ,worked hard and retired 2 years ago aged 53, have plenty of money, mortgage free house , shares and a gold plated final salary pension ,

Quote Originally Posted by frankiekopel View Post
    Not from me ,like you I left the Harris in 83 ,worked hard and retired 2 years ago aged 53, have plenty of money, mortgage free house , shares and a gold plated final salary pension ,
    Didn't go to Harris, didn't retire at 53, don't have plenty money.....I have enuf if I die when I expect to, I don't own single company shares now and don't have a gold plated final salary scheme.

I have a house but most folk do.😉

Didn't go to Harris, didn't retire at 53, don't have plenty money.....I have enuf if I die when I expect to, I don't own single company shares now and don't have a gold plated final salary scheme.
    sincere apology, thought you had said you were at the Harris in a previous post ,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)