+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 20.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Thought we may have started playing our strongest side by now, playing a 31 year old trialist at this stage seems odd.
    On loan here he finds himself caught between Iraq and a hard place.

ff

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Euphrates not going to make the cut?

I always like going to Boston, good pubs etc. I almost carried on up the A52 to Skeg Vegas.

Oh,but there was a game to watch.

Basically,even by friendly standards, this was garbage.

Picking out one, what does Munakandafa bring to the table? He was given a contract yet we let Tyreece Palmer go to Basford who IMO is much better. Oh well!!

I am dreading the F****t game,could be double figures !

We are still not physical enough,too lightweight,especially in midfield.

We don't have enough big,****house tall players which is what you need to succeed in the NL.

I am not sure about this guy in charge either but as always ,lets hope for the best.

I hope I'am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Notts flew his Mrs over got erbil for the flight and sent him packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    I always like going to Boston, good pubs etc. I almost carried on up the A52 to Skeg Vegas.

Oh,but there was a game to watch.

Basically,even by friendly standards, this was garbage.

Picking out one, what does Munakandafa bring to the table? He was given a contract yet we let Tyreece Palmer go to Basford who IMO is much better. Oh well!!

I am dreading the F****t game,could be double figures !

We are still not physical enough,too lightweight,especially in midfield.

We don't have enough big,****house tall players which is what you need to succeed in the NL.

I am not sure about this guy in charge either but as always ,lets hope for the best.

I hope I'am wrong.

Is there by any chance a more positive match report than this ,? I wasn't there and can only go by ECU has posted and cant really argue with it , However I cant help think he's a little anti Notts at the moment.

There she is folks the old classic NCM comment of "I hope I'm wrong" after a negative post. Nice to get one in as early as July#viva

Should be the first of many with the peak being my favourite "I don't think we will get promoted under this manager, but would be happy to be proved wrong" Zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    O'Riordan semi-retirement?

We paid £16k for him. The season before he was at Grimsby and won their player of the year, and the Sunday People player of the season for that league.
    True. John Barnwell signed Don O'Riordan and he arrived with some fanfare. I remember a publicity shot of him sat on a tractor with a headline suggesting he was going to plough his experience into Notts County, or something like that. He then played many games until Barnwell got sacked, but Neil Warnock progressively seemed less keen to play him and he disappeared from view entirely in the early part of the 1990-91 season, assumed to be on his way out, until we had a roughly run of results and Warnock came up with the genius idea of bringing the old head back in a deeper/sweeper role, where Donno excelled. We never really looked back after that. Indeed I still believe that it was Donno's injury on the opening day of the following season against Manchester United that severely damaged our chances of staying in Division One.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Is there by any chance a more positive match report than this ,? I wasn't there and can only go by ECU has posted and cant really argue with it , However I cant help think he's a little anti Notts at the moment.
    LW interviewed after the match on Notts facebook page. He sounded somewhat ‘disappointed’

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    There she is folks the old classic NCM comment of "I hope I'm wrong" after a negative post. Nice to get one in as early as July#viva

Should be the first of many with the peak being my favourite "I don't think we will get promoted under this manager, but would be happy to be proved wrong" Zzzzz
    I’m known for being optimistic, well by Elite but I did sense LW seem to have some doubts about the players, said something like we’re still getting to know what some players are about, which kind of sounded like he’s not sure if some are going to be up to it. We need a CM and probably CF. I really want Mitchell to do it but it’s a bit of an Eli Sam situation at the moment when really we need a Kristian Dennis situation where if he comes on or starts you know he’s probably going to be a very decent threat.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast