+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daryl Dike....

Daryl Dike....

I know the game has changed immensely over the years...but, oh how I detest this shyte talk beginning already before a ball has been kicked competitively.....Steve Bruce working to protect West Brom's Daryl Dike from fatigue...

I mean come on...FFS.....the whole idea of being young, youthful....is more energy.

I do hope a lot of present players start reading up on a true legend at the club....C Regis and they would do well to read his quotes on the jersey....
    Fatigue my a r s e ..........
    Right!
    That's over....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I know the game has changed immensely over the years...but, oh how I detest this shyte talk beginning already before a ball has been kicked competitively.....Steve Bruce working to protect West Brom's Daryl Dike from fatigue...

I mean come on...FFS.....the whole idea of being young, youthful....is more energy.

I do hope a lot of present players start reading up on a true legend at the club....C Regis and they would do well to read his quotes on the jersey....
    Right!
    That's over....

Totally agree Dubs!! Did Big Sam protect Conor Gallagher ( no ) who is young and covered every blade of grass? Conor Gallagher made Livermore look like a lame horse put out to graze with his energy and zip!

Bruce starting to annoy me! The excuse at Oxford was the heat!!! Okay won’t get in the starting line up for at least six games you wait whilst Livermore and Reach will be there!

Bruce will have fatigue with that huge stomach!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post

Right!
    That's over....
    Exactly my thoughts when I read those comments.

He’s 22 years old FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts when I read those comments.

He’s 22 years old FFS.
    I think I have more in common with these two.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I

The fatigue comment is worrying as it could point to some weakness he has that leads to him getting injured more so they are managing it.

Could explain why we got him for £7m after he was valued at £20m last summer after tearing it up with the tykes.

Also, explains why we got him per se given that so many clubs obviously knew about him and said no, especially the German clubs who try and hoover up the best young players from clubs abroad.

Let's or questions about Dike. I just pray he answers them all by banging them in regularly and his spell wasn't just like the spell brewster had at Swansea.

Dike to his credit turned the chance to go home for a few weeks, when he got his injury..
    Gourley said of the appointment of the new doctor, last season we had too many long term injuries.
    So i think it is a positive that he and the other players are being managed.
    Some players like Zohore don't seem bothered when they are injured, it's good that players like O'Shea and Dike put the work in to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    The fatigue comment is worrying as it could point to some weakness he has that leads to him getting injured more so they are managing it.

Could explain why we got him for £7m after he was valued at £20m last summer after tearing it up with the tykes.

Also, explains why we got him per se given that so many clubs obviously knew about him and said no, especially the German clubs who try and hoover up the best young players from clubs abroad.

Let's or questions about Dike. I just pray he answers them all by banging them in regularly and his spell wasn't just like the spell brewster had at Swansea.
    I think he is genuine and eager but the Championship is a tough league and never ending, so yes, most of them need rotation.
    But he is for the most part unproven....so I can only watch and see.......

Dyke was missing all the Important headers v Crewe, all of which Astle would have buried. He also was stopped easily by lower league opposition. I really hope he get tougher, and more decisive.

Give him a dozen games then we can judge.

Wonder if 22 year old hod carriers could use the same excuse at work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)