+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colby Bishop

Colby Bishop

Got himself a move to Portsmouth. Great move for him.

What could have been hey.

Most galling things is, Shaun Derry spotted his potential and gave him an unusually long contract for a youth teamer, but after Derry left he never got a chance before we released him. "Not ready". Had to make room to sign more useless, far more expensive journeymen.

Less #radar, more #tombola back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Most galling things is, Shaun Derry spotted his potential and gave him an unusually long contract for a youth teamer, but after Derry left he never got a chance before we released him. "Not ready". Had to make room to sign more useless, far more expensive journeymen.
    In our defence. He went to a couple of non league clubs and didn’t do a deal. His best ratio was at Leamington where he scored at better than a goal every 2 games. Accrington saw that and took a punt on him - sound familiar with Langstaff and Scott? He has done OK at Accrington scoring 31 in 109 appearances - again he has never been that 20 goal a season striker that we have needed. Some were critical of Wootton whose goal scoring record is better than Bishop. But it seems ‘our own’ get much more leeway than other players.

I wish him well at Portsmouth and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    In our defence. He went to a couple of non league clubs and didn’t do a deal. His best ratio was at Leamington where he scored at better than a goal every 2 games. Accrington saw that and took a punt on him - sound familiar with Langstaff and Scott? He has done OK at Accrington scoring 31 in 109 appearances - again he has never been that 20 goal a season striker that we have needed. Some were critical of Wootton whose goal scoring record is better than Bishop. But it seems ‘our own’ get much more leeway than other players.

If Wootton got 1 in 3 in League 1 playing for a middle of the road team I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If Wootton got 1 in 3 in League 1 playing for a middle of the road team I'd be pleasantly surprised.
    Wootton will be a bench warmer....

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post

What about at Stockport and in League Two?

Rumours are that the undisclosed fee is around £500k.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What about at Stockport and in League Two?
    So has Bishop gone to Portsmouth or Stockport?

#confused.com

Nice on Stanley, now that's what I call a profit.

Even if Bishop and Woots are bench warmers they've both made great moves both financially and in terms of football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast