+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp 2022-23 WEEK 1

Predictocomp 2022-23 WEEK 1

Right, I’ve finished the fine-tuning and these are the final arrangements for the 2022/23 predictocomp.

This season I’ll pick games mainly from the 3 o’clock fixtures in the EFL but also some from the National League and FA Cup if necessary. As the season goes on I’ll look for interesting games in terms of league positions, local derbies and so on.

From the one group of 8 games predict the final scores of four and the results (H, A, or D) of the others. It’s your choice which. Postponed/abandoned games are lost so keep an eye on the weather forecast, covid cases, insolvencies and last-minute international call-ups. I’m only partly joking.

Correct results are worth a point, correct scores get three but if the score is wrong and you get the result right you’ll get a point for that. That’s about it really. I’ll compile a weekly table whichever way is easiest for me.

There is no entry fee but generous contributors have provided a prize pot for the winner which stands at £95. Nice. So, what you waiting for?

WEEK 1 (obviously)

Blackburn v QPR
    Wigan v Preston NE
    Bristol Rovers v Forest Green
    Cambridge v MK Dons
    Derby v Oxford
    AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham
    Bradford City v Doncaster
    Stockport v Barrow

Haw Griff,

Point of clarity please, if you choose FA Cup games is it the score after 90 mins or in the case of ET, the full time score?

Blackburn v QPR 2-1
    Wigan v Preston NE 2-0
    Bristol Rovers v Forest Green 0-3
    Cambridge v MK Dons 0-1
    Derby v Oxford HW
    AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham AW
    Bradford City v Doncaster AW
    Stockport v Barrow HW

& many thanks for doing this again & dont forget mine 😀
    Last edited by Blackdogblue; 23-07-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Right, I’ve finished the fine-tuning and these are the final arrangements for the 2022/23 predictocomp.

This season I’ll pick games mainly from the 3 o’clock fixtures in the EFL but also some from the National League and FA Cup if necessary. As the season goes on I’ll look for interesting games in terms of league positions, local derbies and so on.

From the one group of 8 games predict the final scores of four and the results (H, A, or D) of the others. It’s your choice which. Postponed/abandoned games are lost so keep an eye on the weather forecast, covid cases, insolvencies and last-minute international call-ups. I’m only partly joking.

Correct results are worth a point, correct scores get three but if the score is wrong and you get the result right you’ll get a point for that. That’s about it really. I’ll compile a weekly table whichever way is easiest for me.

There is no entry fee but generous contributors have provided a prize pot for the winner which stands at £95. Nice. So, what you waiting for?

WEEK 1 (obviously)

Blackburn v QPR 1-1
    Wigan v Preston NE 1-1
    Bristol Rovers v Forest Green 1-1
    Cambridge v MK Dons 0-2
    Derby v Oxford A
    AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham A
    Bradford City v Doncaster H
    Stockport v Barrow D
    J

Points of clarity. If I choose FA Cup games it’ll be the 90 minute score. Also, you can choose any of the 8 games for your scores, not just the first 4. I accept changes up to kick-off time, just make it obvious.

Cheers, difficult the first few weeks till things settle a bit so more of a lottery 😀

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Points of clarity. If I choose FA Cup games it’ll be the 90 minute score. Also, you can choose any of the 8 games for your scores, not just the first 4. I accept changes up to kick-off time, just make it obvious.
    Ah ok - I’ll stick for now.

You can regard Griff as being the 'Sir Graham Brady', Chairman of the Predictocomp 2022 Committee.

I don’t smile that much tbh.

Blackburn v QPR 2-1
    Wigan v Preston 1-2
    Bristol Rovers v Forest Green H
    Cambridge v MK Dons A
    Derby v Oxford A
    AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham D
    Bradford City v Doncaster 2-0
    Stockport v Barrow 3-1

Chalky’s sent me his selections and a message:

2-0
    HW
    1-0
    AW
    AW
    2-0
    0-2
    HW

Note to howoldboy ,the chances of me lasting the whole season is about 5-10% against,look on the bright side,it gives you a greater chance of retaining your crown ������

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)