+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Day Dawns...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Money was squirrelled away, £50 million of it over a period of about three years, while next to nothing was invested on the playing side. That money, plus loans, was used to finance the takeover of the club by ALK. So we've gone from being a PL club with £50 million in the bank and debt free, to being loaded with debt and in the Championship.

Neverthless, some of our fans are quite happy with the way our new owners are operating. Why they are is way beyond my comprehension, I just despair.
    It is what it is mon ami. How and if Pace can get us out of the catastrophic financial consequences of being relegated will be of equal interest to seeing how and if Vinny can successfully blend the experienced players with the young incomers and somehow get us back in the EPL.

Personally I was never that fond of our time in the EPL. Too many squeaky bum times for me!

Money was squirrelled away, £50 million of it over a period of about three years, while next to nothing was invested on the playing side. That money, plus loans, was used to finance the takeover of the club by ALK. So we've gone from being a PL club with £50 million in the bank and debt free, to being loaded with debt and in the Championship.

Neverthless, some of our fans are quite happy with the way our new owners are operating. Why they are is way beyond my comprehension, I just despair.
    I think a lot more was robbed from the club Sinkov.If we spent 6 seasons in the PL and in the last 3 seasons barely invested in the playing squad yet Garlick has only £50m and the club has Gawthorpe to show for it? Now we have a £65m debt to be repaid which is just part of the debts.
    It was supposed to be the land of milk and honey where every club strives to get because of the financial benefit.Something does not add up.

It must be three, four, five years ago now that Garlick was saying similar, he and the board had taken the club as far as they could, and if we wanted to remain competitive in the PL, then significant investors would have to be found.

Those significant investors were found, Mr Pace and ALK, which is why Garlick sold the club to them, so how is it that our significant investors are now looking for other significant investors ? Someone has been taking the piss.
    Garlick got out while the going was good. A leveraged buyout is not a «*significant investment*».

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Garlick got out while the going was good. A leveraged buyout is not a «*significant investment*».

Exactly Swiss, but that's what the deal was sold as to the fans, we were conned.

Exactly Swiss, but that's what the deal was sold as to the fans, we were conned.
    A few of us on here expressed huge concern about how the buyout was conducted and could not understand how the EPL allowed this to happen.

I hope we do not get punished with points deductions somewhere down the line, because if we do the EPL and FA will be wholly to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A few of us on here expressed huge concern about how the buyout was conducted and could not understand how the EPL allowed this to happen.

I hope we do not get punished with points deductions somewhere down the line, because if we do the EPL and FA will be wholly to blame.
    While I think the EPL & FA were complicit the blame is on ALK and Board of directors at the time of the sale. More so on Garlick as he was the main seller, and "SUPOSEDLY" our biggest fan. as Sinkov says we as fans were conned.

ALK’s plan was to attract outside investment into the club. They had one US basketball or football player sign up.

The poor results on the pitch were making it difficult to sell brand Burnley FC. That is understandable.

It all becomes chicken and egg. To get back into the PL and compete we need significant investment (serious money). To attract serious investment we need to be succeeding in the PL.

I doubt that we will get back there and think that we will be a successful Championship club unless there is a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    ALK’s plan was to attract outside investment into the club. They had one US basketball or football player sign up.

The poor results on the pitch were making it difficult to sell brand Burnley FC. That is understandable.

It all becomes chicken and egg. To get back into the PL and compete we need significant investment (serious money). To attract serious investment we need to be succeeding in the PL.

I doubt that we will get back there and think that we will be a successful Championship club unless there is a miracle.
    It could quickly go pear shaped from here if we are not careful.To a certain extent it already has gone pear-shaped.People talking about an immediate return are living in a parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    It could quickly go pear shaped from here if we are not careful.To a certain extent it already has gone pear-shaped.People talking about an immediate return are living in a parallel universe.
    My big hope CiB is that Vinny understands just how difficult the Championship is. He is currently talking like he understands it, but to get together a team like Heaton, Trippier, Keane, Mee, Ward, Barton, Marney, Arfield, Boyd, Vokes, Gray & Barnes takes some doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My big hope CiB is that Vinny understands just how difficult the Championship is. He is currently talking like he understands it, but to get together a team like Heaton, Trippier, Keane, Mee, Ward, Barton, Marney, Arfield, Boyd, Vokes, Gray & Barnes takes some doing.
    Could not agree more BT.The squad we will be left with will not be good enough for a top half finish never mind top 6 if Cornet and/or Mcneil leave.It is exasperated by the fixture pile up because of the farcical Qatar World Cup.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)