+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Day Dawns...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My big hope CiB is that Vinny understands just how difficult the Championship is. He is currently talking like he understands it, but to get together a team like Heaton, Trippier, Keane, Mee, Ward, Barton, Marney, Arfield, Boyd, Vokes, Gray & Barnes takes some doing.
    That would take a miracle, BT. Vinny does seem to have a clear picture of what he wants - young with potential. A solid season in the Championship will be a start whilst the squad beds in and begins to show its potential. I think that there is still the possibility that we will lose Taylor, Roberts, Cornet, McNeil and Brownhill.

If the loan repayment situation has been renegotiated, selling one or all could generate funds for further investment in the squad. Both JayRod and Barnes will have to replaced sooner rather than later. So too with Cork and Westwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    That would take a miracle, BT. Vinny does seem to have a clear picture of what he wants - young with potential. A solid season in the Championship will be a start whilst the squad beds in and begins to show its potential. I think that there is still the possibility that we will lose Taylor, Roberts, Cornet, McNeil and Brownhill.

If the loan repayment situation has been renegotiated, selling one or all could generate funds for further investment in the squad. Both JayRod and Barnes will have to replaced sooner rather than later. So too with Cork and Westwood.
    I think the signings of Cullen and Bastien take care of Cork and Westwood but we are desperately short up top. We really need to keep Cornet and McNeil but that is just not going to happen.

I think the signings of Cullen and Bastien take care of Cork and Westwood but we are desperately short up top. We really need to keep Cornet and McNeil but that is just not going to happen.
    I agree BT.

I am sure that Vinny is looking for someone to support Twine. I think you mentioned one of the U23’s recently. The problem is that everyone wants goal scorers. Maybe they are looking in Europe - Vinny and the team do seem to have good contacts in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I agree BT.

I am sure that Vinny is looking for someone to support Twine. I think you mentioned one of the U23’s recently. The problem is that everyone wants goal scorers. Maybe they are looking in Europe - Vinny and the team do seem to have good contacts in Europe.
    Lewis Richardson it's make or break for this lad now Swissclaret.

"I expect us to kick off the new campaign with a starting eleven that will look something like this: Muric, Roberts, Long, Harwood-Bellis, Taylor, Cullen, Brownhill, Bastien, Cornet, McNeil, and Rodriguez. Of course, this predicted line up is dependent on the speed of the revolving door at Turf Moor within the next five days."

There's one glaring omission I think in that line up BT, although you may well have it right. Jack Cork would be the first name on the team sheet for me, away to Huddersfield with an untried central defensive unit, we need someone parked in front of the back four who knows what he's doing, Jack does. Jack Cork and ten others is my team.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "I expect us to kick off the new campaign with a starting eleven that will look something like this: Muric, Roberts, Long, Harwood-Bellis, Taylor, Cullen, Brownhill, Bastien, Cornet, McNeil, and Rodriguez. Of course, this predicted line up is dependent on the speed of the revolving door at Turf Moor within the next five days."

There's one glaring omission I think in that line up BT, although you may well have it right. Jack Cork would be the first name on the team sheet for me, away to Huddersfield with an untried central defensive unit, we need someone parked in front of the back four who knows what he's doing, Jack does. Jack Cork and ten others is my team.
    I did say, "something like this" mon ami, but you certainly have a point.

Talking of strikers , is there any more news about Delap signing for us ? He may be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Talking of strikers , is there any more news about Delap signing for us ? He may be the answer.
    I did mention in another post yesterday Mal, that City had apparently turned down a £20m bid from Southampton for him. Which puts him way out of our price range.

I did say, "something like this" mon ami, but you certainly have a point.
    You did mon ami, and I also said, 'you may well have it right'.

None of us have a clue really which way Vinni's going to play this. Roll on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You did mon ami, and I also said, 'you may well have it right'.

None of us have a clue really which way Vinni's going to play this. Roll on Friday.
    I hope Vinny has a clue sinkov, I really do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)