+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier sports cup dra today

Three weeks ago I was getting pretty optimistic for the coming season now I'm already disillusioned and the season is no even started yet.

Possibly In part a symptom of reading too much negativity online from our support week, kinda feeds the perception that things are pessimistic, last summer was the same

I'm again not seeing the need for too much pessimism, disillusionment or negativity, it's ott for me, at the same time i get the impatience and want for some fresh faces to strengthen the squad... we are building from a decent base, just like last summer, we will do fine this coming season

And that's from someone who would have preferred no managerial change and who never liked Jack Ross (now currently backing him all the way)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Possibly In part a symptom of reading too much negativity online from our support week, kinda feeds the perception that things are pessimistic, last summer was the same

I'm again not seeing the need for too much pessimism, disillusionment or negativity, it's ott for me, at the same time i get the impatience and want for some fresh faces to strengthen the squad... we are building from a decent base, just like last summer, we will do fine this coming season
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

And that's from someone who would have preferred no managerial change and who never liked Jack Ross (now currently backing him all the way)
    You've cheered me up already Shedka.
    You're right enough about reading the comments on messageboards doesn't help. Lol. 🤪

Mind you there wouldna be so much negativity if Tony just did his job with a bit of pace that we are sadly lacking both on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Mind you there wouldna be so much negativity if Tony just did his job with a bit of pace that we are sadly lacking both on and off the pitch.
    Maybe the fact the new manager has told Tony that he wants to lead and be in charge of the identification and selection process is actually what's held us up and its nothing to do with Tony not doing his own job quick enough? I'd suggest most initial targets, who would have probably been in the door by now, were binned when the new manager was appointed and we've had to wait on him assessing the squad and identifying targets of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Maybe the fact the new manager has told Tony that he wants to lead and be in charge of the identification and selection process is actually what's held us up and its nothing to do with Tony not doing his own job quick enough? I'd suggest most initial targets, who would have probably been in the door by now, were binned when the new manager was appointed and we've had to wait on him assessing the squad and identifying targets of his own.
    Jack Ross was appointed on the 20th of June and probably knew he was getting the job at least a week or two before that.I was not expecting Rome to be built in a day but FFS after a month the new manager says we need 5 players?,that is moving at a snails pace.

You would have thought with millions up for grabs from UEFA that Ogren would have been kicking erses to get things done,as it is barring a miracle we head into the season done rare.I honestly do not think i'm being unreasonable pointing this out but obviously others do.

Jack Ross was appointed on the 20th of June and probably knew he was getting the job at least a week or two before that.I was not expecting Rome to be built in a day but FFS after a month the new manager says we need 5 players?,that is moving at a snails pace.

You would have thought with millions up for grabs from UEFA that Ogren would have been kicking erses to get things done,as it is barring a miracle we head into the season done rare.I honestly do not think i'm being unreasonable pointing this out but obviously others do.
    Recruitment targeting will have been carried out throughout the whole season, so the manager coming in on the 20th of June and wanting to do things his way in the space of 4 weeks is a massive setback, if indeed that's what's happened.

As has been said numerous times, we'll also be playing a waiting game with some signings. Waiting on the right players becoming available rather than jumping in and signing any old free agent that's available now. The window is open for another month. The season is 10 months long. Europe is not the be all and end all when we are almost guaranteed not make the group stage.

You're not being unreasonable pointing it out, but you point it out on almost every post. It's tiring and I felt the need to respond.

A typical cup draw in Scotland.

And first out of the hat its The Rangers and they are paired with QOTS.

And its another home draw for Dundee v Falkirk When did they last get knocked out of any cup away from home?.The dream always dies at Dens.

And lets send Jack back to where he got the sack
    its Livingston v Dundee United.
    A draw made in hell on the worst pitch in Scotland,FACT.I would rather watch us on Partick's dung heap.
    First post on this thread

Have we EVER actually won on that pitch v Livi?,to the best of my knowledge i don't even think we have beaten 10 men on it.
    2nd post on this thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)