+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay - The Message

Okay - The Message

Love this desire from the heart! Wish more were like him within our squad!

Okay Yokuşlu admits his “love” for Albion, his teammates, and the club’s fans combined to ensure an emotional return to the place he calls “home”.

The Türkiye international midfielder received a warm welcome as he arrived at The Hawthorns on Saturday, just 14 months after his Premier League loan spell at the club ended.

Great to see, especially in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Great to see, especially in this day and age.

Totally agree Boingy - love players like this!!! Don’t mind losing but always want players to have the desire and commitment!

Will be the fans number one favourite!

Just watched a clip of his introduction to Albion fans yesterday....he looks extremely fit and ready to go....so hopefully he won't have to much pre season to do...should be ready for September or earlier...

Why isn’t he captain?

Inspirational character.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why isn’t he captain?

Inspirational character.

The Capitano is the useless t wat who misses at least eight games through red cards!!

Spud Head needs to grow a pair!

Have to wait for his chance when Livermore gets sent off

So....I am just looking at past history. I am enthused by all of the positive comments on here and around about what a great signing he has been. I can't for the life of me remember his loan period with us but as it coincided with the Covid starting, I may have been busy....
    But he seems to have played very well to meet the expectations of many on here.
    No small feat.
    But I do wonder about players and how good they seem to think they are......
    Okay Yokuslu: I would only drop to into Championship for West Brom...

While his sentiment may be nice......this is coming from a player that has not played much football since his loan here ended.
    I think all players most likely have a mind set that they are brilliant and everyone wants them.....but clearly not the case...
    So to say he would only drop down for Albion????
    Not buying it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    So....I am just looking at past history. I am enthused by all of the positive comments on here and around about what a great signing he has been. I can't for the life of me remember his loan period with us but as it coincided with the Covid starting, I may have been busy....
    No small feat.

While his sentiment may be nice......this is coming from a player that has not played much football since his loan here ended.
    I think all players most likely have a mind set that they are brilliant and everyone wants them.....but clearly not the case...
    Not buying it.....

You don’t lose talent Dubs - you either have it or you don’t!!! Okay was great in the Premier so if he can get fit - he should be class!

Bit like Gayle - he will always know where the net is but needs to be free of injury!

Okay should be Captain and if only 50% fit will be better than Livermore who can’t pass, tackle or run!

It will p iss me right off if Bruce does not put Okay in the starting line up quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    No small feat.

Not buying it.....
    A harsh assessment I think Dubs.

You need to appreciate how dire we were before him and Diagne arrived in loan and how improved we were afterwards.

Look at these clips of him on this link.

His desire and ability to win the ball is in the class of Yacob at his peak but I think he’s technically better than Yak......look at his balance and his ability to go past the first and second opponent after winning the ball.

Yak used to win the ball and pass sideways or backwards which is fine, the ability to break the first tackle and carry past and beyond opponent’s is “next level” for a player in his position.

If fit, he’s the best in his position in the division I think and better than many in the Premier League.

https://youtu.be/Tuom8EBE7cs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)