I'm going to stick my neck out - finish in the play offs and lose in the final!

I think we will see more academy players being used this season, don't think we will have any choice, but mixed in with some experinced players and a couple of good premiere league youngsters on loan.

I disagree that players are free because they are not quality - sure some of the guys signed are at the tail end of their careers, though a number are more than good enough at this level.

Players can be "free" for any number of reasons - and a quite a few very good player sin the premier league and elsewhere have been on free transfers - a player can choose to run a contract down, so he has a better choice of where to go next, a club can choose not to renew a contract as their wage bill is too high, or they want to replace that player with a younger/different player, they have been relegated.

At championship level and below clubs often choose not to renew contracts until they know whether relegation/promotion is on the cards.

I'm quite impressed with recruitment so far, of course so many variables such as injuries and suspensions can affect how we perform but I'm confident it will be a season of hope and we won't be bottom half.