+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 22/23 Prediction

22/23 Prediction

So,we've seen 'our boys' play four times preseason, in summary three good efforts and one shocker, and only the relatively inconsequential scrum v. alfreton town to come (unless we put out a full team and lose 6-0), so nows the time when the brave and the foolhardyput a few bob on our prospects for the season ahead

IF you were betting folk, where would you place us come season's end?

Myself, and despite heroic efforts to rope fellahs in, I have doubts that 'every egg will become a bird', just because LR has had such tight restrictions placed on him - free agents are usually free agents for a reason. I won't be panicking after three, six or even ten games, and in such situations I always look back to Jim Smith's first season, 95/96, as an example of a newish team settling in, then hitting the afterburners. However, and no disrespect to Davies, we don't (appear to) have a Stimac this time round, just freebies and home-growns, and having the best ground and the best fans doesn't guarantee success.

I'd love it happen again, but realism tells me 10th

Anyone?

I was thinking 8th, but no judgement should be made before Christmas

Lets just hope things run smoothly behind the seasons and we don't get hit with more penalties for financial reasons. No logical reason why we should, but after the last 18 months and continuous failed takeovers, I just cannot stop myself from seeing things in every woodpile

I've had 10th too in my head for a while now. I actually think after what we have had recently it would be a decent result.

I've been steadfast in preaching midtable as the likely result with anything better being a very welcome bonus. We played well enough against Hertha and the Fosse who played "proper" football. We played less well against Bradford and Stevenage, both of whom showed us play more typical of L1 than the other two sides did. Ergo, we were less effective against the kind of opposition we can expect in the League. Somewhere between 10 and 16 and I'll be happy with that.

The way I understand things is if there is a similar thread on the Forest forum most responses will be title wrapped up by march

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    The way I understand things is if there is a similar thread on the Forest forum most responses will be title wrapped up by march
    Now you're just being silly.

We are very happy with the FA cup and Champions league qualification.
    Stop exaggerating.

Papa John's. We're in it but do we want to win it? I foresee the fringe players getting the nod.

League Cup? Quite likely a mix of youth and experience.

League? Apart from Bird and Knight, I foresee the rest of our Academy products being bench sitters.

We’re Derby County...mighty, mighty Derby...so clearly we’re going to storm League One, brushing all beside us as we go, starting with Oxford on Saturday and finishing with a hammering of little old Sheffield Wednesday next spring as we snatch the title from MKDons by five clear points!

Or...back in the real world. Still think there are signings to be made who are going to make a difference and so make the question of prediction difficult, but overall...a season of consolidation which will see us somewhere between mid table and the play offs.
    IF we make a couple more decent signings - a midfield general and a goal scorer perhaps - then maybe the play offs, but honestly...this time next year I’d hope there will have been sufficient progress for us all to have a better understanding of L1 and more realistic hopes for promotion in 23/24. As MA says...anything more will be an unexpected but welcome bonus.

Firstly, let me repeat what I've already commented about the forthcoming season, 'I can't frigging wait'!!
    My prediction, 'we're still here next season'!! Duck where we finish, bottom will do me because we'll still be 'frigging here next season'!!

I think we'll have a slow start, then pick things up and trouble the playoffs intermittently, but drop out by Feb / March and finish 8th. Mid-table upwards will be a fantastic effort, I'll only be concerns if we're flirting with relegation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)