+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth Games

Commonwealth Games

I have a ticket to the athletics on 3rd Aug.

I was lucky enough to be allocated one in the ballot. Am very pleased - although my 1st choice would have been a swimming/diving one!

Any body else going?

Also, can't really leave the house the day after due to cycling event locally. Anyone else?

Well all the roads near me are either covered in road works or closed off due to the Baton parade. I see the roads near me in Oldbury will also be closed off for a cycling event from 02/08-4/08. Not sure you would need tickets for that so if not I may take look.

The Commonwealth Games is about as interesting as the egg and spoon race at primary school.

The chance for some of ours to win a medal when they stand absolutely no chance in the Olympics or European Championships.

A fantastic idea to build an Olympic standard swimming complex in Sandwell as well.

A month from now we’ll have gone from seeing Tom Daley squealing like a little b I t c h and doing his knitting to seeing fat, spotty, Smethwick lowlife showing their a r s e whilst dive bombing off the 12 metre board.

“Legacy” my f u c k I n g a r s e!

Monumental waste of money more like.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The Commonwealth Games is about as interesting as the egg and spoon race at primary school.

The chance for some of ours to win a medal when they stand absolutely no chance in the Olympics or European Championships.

A fantastic idea to build an Olympic standard swimming complex in Sandwell as well.

A month from now we’ll have gone from seeing Tom Daley squealing like a little b I t c h and doing his knitting to seeing fat, spotty, Smethwick lowlife showing their a r s e whilst dive bombing off the 12 metre board.

“Legacy” my f u c k I n g a r s e!

Monumental waste of money more like.

Totally agree! Blocking off streets for any sports is an absolute disgrace. A few years ago they had the biggest bicycle race in Harrogate for 10 days and many residents could not leave streets in cars until designated times. It caused huge rows and some just told marshals to get out of the way as their car was coming through regardless.

A stadium or disused country field not affecting others is absolutely fine.

Bit like cyclists - don’t know why they don’t find tracks or paths but insist on using many roads. Does give me road rage when cyclists cycle two a breast on a main road and they should be prosecuted!! Always in rush hour!

I’m not interested in the commonwealth games either. But why oh why do you have to post utter garbage like that. I’m glad not everyone stoops to your level. Your as bad as them toe rag fans having a go at the Berlin fans. I saw a distort young fan and his father being moved to just in front of where I sit because some low life Albion fans. Your statement above is awful and disrespectful to the people of Smethwick.
    I think you should start engaging your brain before posting and if there are moderators on this sight they should do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    I’m not interested in the commonwealth games either. But why oh why do you have to post utter garbage like that. I’m glad not everyone stoops to your level. Your as bad as them toe rag fans having a go at the Berlin fans. I saw a distort young fan and his father being moved to just in front of where I sit because some low life Albion fans. Your statement above is awful and disrespectful to the people of Smethwick.
    I think you should start engaging your brain before posting and if there are moderators on this sight they should do something about it.

If you don’t like a post then don’t respond! Many dislike cyclists riding two a breast on main roads - it’s a fact! I have no problem with any sports but do have a problem with roads being blocked off! My next door neighbour is a volunteer to distribute medicines and couldn’t do so with road blockages!! Is that a problem?

I was the first to say those supporters who sang hate songs on Saturday were a disgrace. That said people like Des ( Mod ) is entitled to his views on past Germany!

If you don’t like it - don’t respond! Do you even have a brain? Idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie Sharon View Post
    I have a ticket to the athletics on 3rd Aug.

I was lucky enough to be allocated one in the ballot. Am very pleased - although my 1st choice would have been a swimming/diving one!

Any body else going?

Also, can't really leave the house the day after due to cycling event locally. Anyone else?
    I applied for opening ceremony, 100 meters and the closing ceremony, but only got the closing ceremony, the one I least wanted.

When I applied it was on the understanding there wasn't supposed to be any clashes with local football games, but our game with Watford directly clashes with the closing ceremony and I was well fk off as I thought I wouldn't be able get rid of the closing ceremony tickets but they had a resale section as I put then up on there and they sold immediately.

I never thought that there would be that much demand in watching some schools kids dancing around.

Since I have tried for 100 meters but only one ticket at a time would appear for sale but we need 2 and now there is a queue to get in to buy tickets.

I live in the city centre and there is a buzz growing and it is great to see supporters of other country already here.

The Train workers are a disgrace though for going on strike during the games. It's hardly ever that we get an event like this and these t urds decide to do now instead of a week later.

Not a fan of these games and athletics generally though (apart from the 100 meters final) and was bored senseless when went to the Manchester Commonwealth games a few years.

I hope your enjoy your day at the games Sharon.

Thank you Baggie Blood. The negative posters won't put me off. I hate F1 and cricket but i don't slag off those that do!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I applied for opening ceremony, 100 meters and the closing ceremony, but only got the closing ceremony, the one I least wanted.

When I applied it was on the understanding there wasn't supposed to be any clashes with local football games, but our game with Watford directly clashes with the closing ceremony and I was well fk off as I thought I wouldn't be able get rid of the closing ceremony tickets but they had a resale section as I put then up on there and they sold immediately.

I never thought that there would be that much demand in watching some schools kids dancing around.

Since I have tried for 100 meters but only one ticket at a time would appear for sale but we need 2 and now there is a queue to get in to buy tickets.

I live in the city centre and there is a buzz growing and it is great to see supporters of other country already here.

The Train workers are a disgrace though for going on strike during the games. It's hardly ever that we get an event like this and these t urds decide to do now instead of a week later.

Not a fan of these games and athletics generally though (apart from the 100 meters final) and was bored senseless when went to the Manchester Commonwealth games a few years.

I hope your enjoy your day at the games Sharon.

Hope you get sorted Blood! Just like the girls Euros - great for kids and families! My one negative is roads blocked off when it impacts on emergency assistance for the elderly and volunteers who are in short supply due to self funding huge petrol costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie Sharon View Post
    Thank you Baggie Blood. The negative posters won't put me off. I hate F1 and cricket but i don't slag off those that do!

Not for me Sharon but have an issue with roads blocked off! Nearly caused an uproar in my town as emergency services couldn’t reach care homes etc or volunteers couldn’t deliver prescriptions. Planning is everything!

Pain in the neck the Watford match moved too as can’t go now!

Apart from that enjoy! Hopefully England in the girls Euro finals will be great for next weekend and the country! I dislike F1 too but everyone to their own as people are entitled to slag off what they want including girls football! That’s what a forum is about!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)