+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting Read From Our Former Manager

Interesting Read From Our Former Manager

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/davi...pep-guardiola/

Found this article from David Artell. Quite succinctly states why he ended where he did. A club that infrastructure-wise, was stuck in the late 1970s, with the manager expected to head up every facet of the club. This is why I'm more hopeful that AM will be more consistently successful, as he has the support structure, i.e. a dedicated recruitment team, etc. to take some of the load that DA was carrying all on his lonesome. In fairness to the club DA does say that it was partly his fault that he had all those different hats to wear but in realloty, even if he had objected, the infrastructure just wasn't there.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/davi...pep-guardiola/

Found this article from David Artell. Quite succinctly states why he ended where he did. A club that infrastructure-wise, was stuck in the late 1970s, with the manager expected to head up every facet of the club. This is why I'm more hopeful that AM will be more consistently successful, as he has the support structure, i.e. a dedicated recruitment team, etc. to take some of the load that DA was carrying all on his lonesome. In fairness to the club DA does say that it was partly his fault that he had all those different hats to wear but in realloty, even if he had objected, the infrastructure just wasn't there.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks, a very good read from DA..

Only he knows how much he was stretched here and there but maybe it was it was his own personality that wanted so much he wanted to control every aspect of the club when he really didn;t have to or need to..The club has an academy manager and loads of others to share the load and not sure he had any dealings with the shop or the ground but again he didn't need to and why he is analysing himself so much. Every human being has strengths and weaknesses and we all need to reflect on both.

DA obviously thinks he is staying on in football as a 'manager' and has much to offer etc but maybe he has and maybe he hasn't and he needs to think that too and not get to complacent that a new manager's job will come along just like that...Steve Davis is working for Wolves on the under 23 squad the last time I read that and so jobs don't just come along. Sometimes we have personalities that want to control everything and some don't want any responsibility. That is just how life is...

I hope he finds what he is looking for....Best wishes to him...Money will control what he does next as always though as he has a family to feed etc...

Very interesting - I suspect me may be right about wanting to do everything when he shouldn't have. Ironic that a structure to help was being put in place - recruitment team, KL for player development, just when he left - but he was giving the impression of burnout as he says so maybe the break was better for him. I hope he gets the job he deserves.