+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Sold to Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Troll.
    Hardly.

Its quite obvious to anyone with a brain something happened last season as Burchnall gave vague answers.

Yes he is a good player but the biggest concern has to be injuries it doesnt matter how good you are if you cant get on the pitch.

Imo we had no choice but to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Hardly.

Its quite obvious to anyone with a brain something happened last season as Burchnall gave vague answers.

Yes he is a good player but the biggest concern has to be injuries it doesnt matter how good you are if you cant get on the pitch.

Imo we had no choice but to sell him.
    Yes something happened. Yes we had no choice but to sell. However, what I don’t accept with my none brain is your assumption that Cal himself encouraging mates to put stuff on social media. Yes he may have liked various comments but you and I don’t know the context behind the comments and how much of it was tongue in cheek. This is the problem with all of social media…. It often happens on here where stuff is written and people take it different ways.
    IMO Cal is a maverick. Out of all the players we had last season, his footballing education was probably the highest. He is clearly a talented footballer who wanted to succeed at Notts. Some see petulance and frustration, I saw someone with a burning desire to win. Ruben has it… watch how he handles something he doesn’t like. I guarantee it will end in a booking - dissent or a silly challenge.

Yes something happened. Yes we had no choice but to sell. However, what I don’t accept with my none brain is your assumption that Cal himself encouraging mates to put stuff on social media. Yes he may have liked various comments but you and I don’t know the context behind the comments and how much of it was tongue in cheek. This is the problem with all of social media…. It often happens on here where stuff is written and people take it different ways.
    IMO Cal is a maverick. Out of all the players we had last season, his footballing education was probably the highest. He is clearly a talented footballer who wanted to succeed at Notts. Some see petulance and frustration, I saw someone with a burning desire to win. Ruben has it… watch how he handles something he doesn’t like. I guarantee it will end in a booking - dissent or a silly challenge.
    Maybe he didn't he encourage them to put the posts up but they also didn't get removed quickly. Whichever way you look at it, it's unprofessional from the players end and noise the Club and manager could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Maybe he didn't he encourage them to put the posts up but they also didn't get removed quickly. Whichever way you look at it, it's unprofessional from the players end and noise the Club and manager could do without.
    I’m sure IB was really bothered by it. Given the context of the ‘noise’ I don’t think it was very loud, in fact I bet it hardly registered with the club. #free cal - was that the phrase?

I never said you had no brain it is just a phrase that its clear something went off behind the scenes.

No I dont know what happened and doubt we ever will but its not our concern anymore.

At the end of the day, if we can shave 15-20 goals from the conceded column, we will not miss Cal's goals, not that I think we will anyway with the firepower we have.
    The club identified Cal, bought him on the cheap and sold him for a tidy profit, and looking like it hasn't weakened the squad, due to good recruitment. #Result.

I see Roberts is out for between 8 and 10 weeks. Very good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I see Roberts is out for between 8 and 10 weeks. Very good business.
    Ouch!

Anyone watching AZ V Dundee on BBC Scotland? Dundee 7-0 down, double ouch!.

Now there's a question I didn't expect to read on here tonight, and not because it's actually Dundee United#bbcscotland

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Now there's a question I didn't expect to read on here tonight, and not because it's actually Dundee United#bbcscotland
    Sorry, my apologies. I didn't know you earmarked this fred as being exclusively for only Aberdeen and Cal to be mentioned. I'll try harder next time Sir.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast