+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Sold to Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Didn't take long for him to get injured last week.
    Says he'll be sidelined for 8 to 10 weeks with his hamstring. Bad luck that. Seems that injury won't go away.
    See ‘Cal to Aberdeen’ thread

[Threads merged]

Aberdeen manager announces that it is unlikely Cal will be back before the completion of the World Cup which ends on 18 December due to the hamstring injury he suffered during his 2nd appearance for the Dons. Sad news for the lad but Aberdeen do not intend to rush him back and intend to look after both Cal’s physical and mental welfare by keeping him part of the first team set up as much as they can.

In other news Jayden Richardson has been a regular for Aberdeen since joining over the Summer and, hopefully, will be helping Cal with his recovery.
    Last edited by KintoreMagpie; 30-09-2022 at 07:13 PM.

3 great things happened at Notts in the close season. 1 was transferring this guy who is a great talent but unfortunately a sick note for a decent sum. The second was Kyle Woottons contract finishing paving the way for Langstaff. The third was IB buggering off. Football definitely does move in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    3 great things happened at Notts in the close season. 1 was transferring this guy who is a great talent but unfortunately a sick note for a decent sum. The second was Kyle Woottons contract finishing paving the way for Langstaff. The third was IB buggering off. Football definitely does move in mysterious ways.
    Top post.
    Of the 3, I'd only like to see Cal back some time in the future. By the end of next season, I hope Aberdeen can say they got value for their purchase, because that'll mean Cal has his career back on track.

Football does indeed "move in mysterious ways", 3 big impactful actions at the club and so far all looking bringing positive outcomes to the club.

In late August the squad got called the "poorest" we've had whilst at this level (if true then LW must be comfortably the best head coach ), there were shouts that we "STILL CANT DEFEND" after the draw with Chesterfield , Luke Williams was labelled a "dodgy manager' and one poster was debating whether they wanted the owners or the "inept" head coach "gone first"

All the above said on NCM perfectly illustrating that a month is a (very) long time football#viva

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Have to agree with that 100%
    You would nearly think losing to Grimsby was a blessing in disguise. If we had got up, we may have been stuck with IB & his tactics sussed & struggle in Div2 & our star striker. As for "sicknote" one or two game wonders are no good in a season. Of the 3, one that I would wish well for the future & hope he overcomes his injury problems.
    Last edited by irishpete; 01-10-2022 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Football does indeed "move in mysterious ways", 3 big impactful actions at the club and so far all looking bringing positive outcomes to the club.

In late August the squad got called the "poorest" we've had whilst at this level (if true then LW must be comfortably the best head coach ), there were shouts that we "STILL CANT DEFEND" after the draw with Chesterfield , Luke Williams was labelled a "dodgy manager' and one poster was debating whether they wanted the owners or the "inept" head coach "gone first"

All the above said on NCM perfectly illustrating that a month is a (very) long time football#viva
    This is why the continual arguments between you and others (including myself occasionally) will never end. You could have just commented on Cal or the 3 things that have changed. Instead you bring up what other posters have said all the time and have a go at them. You seem to take pleasure in taking what people have said at various points for various reasons to have a go at them.

Why bring up that people thought this was the weakest squad, or we couldn't defend, or we had a dodgy manager, or he was inept. Sometimes people put things in the heat of the moment or without giving people chance and we all know this. I'm sure those who posted these comments now understand they were jumping the gun but are also glad to be proved wrong.

Why do you feel the need to go back in time and highlight this so you can patronise and belittle them? I'm not talking about any other poster before you go on about others doing it, I'm asking why you do it continuously?

Why not just post about Notts or the thread topic? No one had a go at you on this thread before you posted the above. You have good Notts chat, I don't understand why you would want to be so divisive. No one argued on here that I can remember during your ban and here you are seemingly laughing at people again for things they've said in the past. Why does it matter to you so much to highlight other posters mistakes, it doesn't make sense unless you're doing it to put them down.

I'm busy today so may not see your reply. After being on dialysis for awhile and then my transplant it's made me feel differently. I'm embarrassed at the way I used to get so mad on here at people. I realise my behaviour was ridiculous at times and wish I could take it back. I don't understand why you'd want to take your time highlighting others mistakes from the past. As you have put it's #viva, people will put different things that prove wrong and lots of people in lots of areas of life do it. Don't waste your time and energy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Top post.
    Of the 3, I'd only like to see Cal back some time in the future. By the end of next season, I hope Aberdeen can say they got value for their purchase, because that'll mean Cal has his career back on track.
    I agree it does move in mysterious ways. However, is this not the business model that our owners have laid the foundations for?
    We employ staff on an upwards trajectory, they leave, we turn a profit, then we reinvest in the next crop that (hopefully) improve us further.
    I know Wootton wasn’t sold for a profit but his career path has gone upward, which is another great advertisement for prospective players.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast