+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie (a)

Looking forward to trip to Killie. Five of us going. Come on United!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a real hassle for me to arrange to go to an away match and the tickets for disabled fans are usually very limited. Shame.
    I work every other weekend and family comes first before an away game so streams were a winner in my house. Whoever is preventing streaming need to get on board with the fans and sort something out, and like someone mentioned, im sure many clubs could do with the revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I work every other weekend and family comes first before an away game so streams were a winner in my house. Whoever is preventing streaming need to get on board with the fans and sort something out, and like someone mentioned, im sure many clubs could do with the revenue.
    Teams put streams up, streams get hijacked by iPTV, streams stop. Simple as that. There were no streams before the pandemic, well not at 3pm anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Teams put streams up, streams get hijacked by iPTV, streams stop. Simple as that. There were no streams before the pandemic, well not at 3pm anyway.
    Dont know where you are heading at the start of that, but it was as simple as pre pandemic, it was illegal to broadcast any football at 3pm on a Saturday. Somewhere in allowing the masses to see the games while locked out of the stadiums, the restrictions were relaxed and the teams made some money. Now that the pandemic is under control, the time is right that the rules/laws are now enforced to what they were pre-pandemic, nothing whatsoever to do with any hijacking by internet streaming sites, which was already widespread prior to covid.

However, i think things should be looked at again as i believe we who cannot follow the team everywhere should be given the chance to contribute and watch the games.

I can't make a lot of games for numerous reasons. (mostly away) I luv'd the fact that I could pay a reasonable price to watch nearly every match. I think I am a member on every team that has played us in the last 2 years' PPV site.

I know some folk will say , if your getting the match for 12.99 (for example) your not going to pay £20-£30 at the gate, but loads of folk can't afford that anyway.

There is room for all. Season ticket holders, ticket buyers, PPV viewers (sneaky innirz)

I'm sure I remember "someone" mentioning they didn't care about how many fans were actually in Tannadice, as long as they got (X amount) from Sky, Setanta,BT, or whoever were televising the matches at the time.

I would hate to see it go that way, but, with the season ticket numbers we already have and the ump t e e n fans like myself that go any chance they can get. It would at least make clubs a wee bit more money, that might not have been coming their way.

Och...yi never know.

After signing Aziz we need to play Niskanen Saturday because we'll get the performance of his career 😁

Referee for this is Collum 🤓

I was at rugby park opening day about 24 years, wow that’s a sobering thought, anyway I wish I hadn’t been sober that day, ref had a shocker, Chalked off two legit goals for utd, And kilie keeper marshall got away with a hand ball red card outside the box. They went on to win 2-0. Still gołum cant be as bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Dont know where you are heading at the start of that, but it was as simple as pre pandemic, it was illegal to broadcast any football at 3pm on a Saturday. Somewhere in allowing the masses to see the games while locked out of the stadiums, the restrictions were relaxed and the teams made some money. Now that the pandemic is under control, the time is right that the rules/laws are now enforced to what they were pre-pandemic, nothing whatsoever to do with any hijacking by internet streaming sites, which was already widespread prior to covid.

However, i think things should be looked at again as i believe we who cannot follow the team everywhere should be given the chance to contribute and watch the games.
    I get that. I was more thinking about people who were hoping the 3o’clock rule might be relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I can't make a lot of games for numerous reasons. (mostly away) I luv'd the fact that I could pay a reasonable price to watch nearly every match. I think I am a member on every team that has played us in the last 2 years' PPV site.

I know some folk will say , if your getting the match for 12.99 (for example) your not going to pay £20-£30 at the gate, but loads of folk can't afford that anyway.

There is room for all. Season ticket holders, ticket buyers, PPV viewers (sneaky innirz)

I'm sure I remember "someone" mentioning they didn't care about how many fans were actually in Tannadice, as long as they got (X amount) from Sky, Setanta,BT, or whoever were televising the matches at the time.

I would hate to see it go that way, but, with the season ticket numbers we already have and the ump t e e n fans like myself that go any chance they can get. It would at least make clubs a wee bit more money, that might not have been coming their way.

Och...yi never know.
    I've got very mixed views on this. I get that some folk want to see their team via a stream when they can't make it to the stadium for genuine reasons. But the problem is that a stream can become habit forming even when you can get to the stadium and imo we need as many Arabs inside Tannadice as possible at home games.

FWIW Hesgoal is banned in Spain for this reason. No idea how many manage to get around that though.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)