+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie (a)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a real hassle for me to arrange to go to an away match and the tickets for disabled fans are usually very limited. Shame.
    I've only just seen your post TT. Very disappointed to read that because in 2022 creating space for less abled fans should be a priority. What's going on there? Is it all grounds or just some?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I've got very mixed views on this. I get that some folk want to see their team via a stream when they can't make it to the stadium for genuine reasons. But the problem is that a stream can become habit forming even when you can get to the stadium and imo we need as many Arabs inside Tannadice as possible at home games.

FWIW Hesgoal is banned in Spain for this reason. No idea how many manage to get around that though.
    Hesgoal have stopped showing the EPL, Champions league, Europa League. Dunno if they'll still show the Scottish games yet. Guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm sure folk with modded firesticks etc will still be able to get games.

I've only just seen your post TT. Very disappointed to read that because in 2022 creating space for less abled fans should be a priority. What's going on there? Is it all grounds or just some?
    Any that I have tried to go to, for sure. However, I rarely even try these days as you need to arrange it too far in advance. However, Tannadice is great and the team realty look after me so, no complaints at all on that front. That's the main thing for me TBH.

I've got very mixed views on this. I get that some folk want to see their team via a stream when they can't make it to the stadium for genuine reasons. But the problem is that a stream can become habit forming even when you can get to the stadium and imo we need as many Arabs inside Tannadice as possible at home games.

FWIW Hesgoal is banned in Spain for this reason. No idea how many manage to get around that though.
    Don't know if mainland Spain is different to Tenerife but I watched a bit of the Chisora fight and a bit of the darts last week on Hesgoal there. You have to turn off WiFi though to get it.

Yip.... Fair point. To be fair to me though I only used it for away matches, and it might surprise you who charged the least/most.

I gave up my long standing season ticket a good few years ago now due to work commitments , horrendous kick off days/times, late changes due to TV companies etc. Yet , have only missed a few home matches in the last few years.

I know what your saying about streams becoming the norm, then it's easier to buy a few beers , a pie etc, and watch from home, but some of those folk wouldn't be going anyway.

The Hesgoal thing is totally different, you get everything for free, that's folk that can't or don't want to pay for anything at all.
    And whatever country bans it means nout to anyone with a good VPN Not me of course obviously I would rather pay Arbroath £12.99 to watch their match than stream it for free and put a few pennies in their coffers, and I'm sure plenty clubs have made a few bob from away supporters paying to watch because they can't make the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Yip.... Fair point. To be fair to me though I only used it for away matches, and it might surprise you who charged the least/most.

I gave up my long standing season ticket a good few years ago now due to work commitments , horrendous kick off days/times, late changes due to TV companies etc. Yet , have only missed a few home matches in the last few years.

I know what your saying about streams becoming the norm, then it's easier to buy a few beers , a pie etc, and watch from home, but some of those folk wouldn't be going anyway.

The Hesgoal thing is totally different, you get everything for free, that's folk that can't or don't want to pay for anything at all.
    And whatever country bans it means nout to anyone with a good VPN Not me of course obviously I would rather pay Arbroath £12.99 to watch their match than stream it for free and put a few pennies in their coffers, and I'm sure plenty clubs have made a few bob from away supporters paying to watch because they can't make the match.
    Fair play Yeatsy. Hope you see as many games as you can. Work is a curse on the poor 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

Agree, and I often happily paid for the stream, apart from when it was those clubs taking the p!$$ and charging £18 or £20 for the privilege. A core of fans of each team will travel away regardless, and good on them. However, others can’t go for a number of reasons, and surely an extra few hundred paying customers (if not more) watching it streamed, benefitted many clubs?? Shame really, and a backward step imo.

We need to manage expectations tomorrow, JR needs a run of games to shape his team, and a couple of windows to shape his squad. That said, we have done good business, and the away support will be awesome….again, this always helps.

Come on United, show your quality from the start. Let’s put down a marker!

Bus leaving at 10am. Watering hole booked for halfway through. It's good to be back!! 🍻⚽

United to hit the ground running and come away with a 0-2 win

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)