+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Nottingham Forest FC 26.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    He had Matt elbows Rheade in his pocket at Alfreton. He's looked rock solid all pre season.
    Isn’t he about 50 now

Pleased to see us play a back four, fullbacks pushed up but they were a four, Baldwin has looked a really solid signing so far. Midfield without Palmer worries me.
    Langstaff looks a proper handful and finisher, feed him and he'll score.
    Williams has definitely changed our style of play, no more aimless passing around the back, there's purpose to us now which is great to see.
    Austin could have scored a hat trick tonight, he looked miles better than earlier games I've watched.
    You never quite know in friendlies U23 squads aren't the same as men's teams but the style of play is definitely more positive than Burchball.
    I think we either need to give Brooks more game time or sign a keeper, have done for a couple of years, Slocombe is a weakness and midfield still looks a player short.
    There's no height up front although Scott looked pretty strong when he came on. Set pieces and hold up play are crucial at this level and as well as we played tonight I still think we could do with a big, mobile no 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just had a look on LTLF, and the expected patronising "it was their big game" and "it was only our reserves" comments were outnumbered by comments that praised us and our style of play.
    Post #260 tickled me...

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-27 001425.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  11.9 KB

Pleased to see us play a back four, fullbacks pushed up but they were a four,
    We didn’t play with a back 4, it was a back 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    We didn’t play with a back 4, it was a back 3.
    Didn't see the game, but when I have seen, we seem to have a bit of a hybrid. The wing backs push up, the wide centre backs pull into the full back areas and the defensive midfielder drops into a centre back role, perhaps that's what they saw tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Didn't see the game, but when I have seen, we seem to have a bit of a hybrid. The wing backs push up, the wide centre backs pull into the full back areas and the defensive midfielder drops into a centre back role, perhaps that's what they saw tonight?
    The wing backs, at best, do push up. Virtually wide midfielders.

And, yes, we do have a deep lying midfielder that sits in front of the back 3. But, I didn’t think they dropped deeper enough to give the appearance of a back 4.

I enjoyed watching your performance last night and was impressed with how well you kept the ball.

Play like that this season and you'll be back in the Football League where you belong.

Ruben was sublime last night which begs the question what do we do with him? Personally I would extend his contract, double his wages and stick in a buy clause end of season of 500k or if we don’t go up 300k or whatever figures, I think he’s that important now and he needs to be happy this season.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Ruben was sublime last night which begs the question what do we do with him? Personally I would extend his contract, double his wages and stick in a buy clause end of season of 500k or if we don’t go up 300k or whatever figures, I think he’s that important now and he needs to be happy this season.
    Doubling his wages would certainly make sense if it meant him staying or us selling him for what he's worth. He's absolutely class and basically irreplaceable. I'd hate to see him leave for a cut price like Cal, or for free next year.

Pleased to see us play a back four, fullbacks pushed up but they were a four, Baldwin has looked a really solid signing so far. Midfield without Palmer worries me.
    Langstaff looks a proper handful and finisher, feed him and he'll score.
    Williams has definitely changed our style of play, no more aimless passing around the back, there's purpose to us now which is great to see.
    Austin could have scored a hat trick tonight, he looked miles better than earlier games I've watched.
    You never quite know in friendlies U23 squads aren't the same as men's teams but the style of play is definitely more positive than Burchball.
    I think we either need to give Brooks more game time or sign a keeper, have done for a couple of years, Slocombe is a weakness and midfield still looks a player short.
    There's no height up front although Scott looked pretty strong when he came on. Set pieces and hold up play are crucial at this level and as well as we played tonight I still think we could do with a big, mobile no 9.
    Did we play 4 at the back? Looked like 3 to me last night

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast