+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Predictions

Season Predictions

Some of you will love this

I can't contain myself any longer so must ask everyone the question.... where do you think we'll finish the season.
    Based on last season's disaster, I'm hoping to better my previous season's guess by being nearer than 14 places out (below!)
    So, even though there's is not a lot to go by....yet, I'm plumping for a glorious 11th position.
    I know quite a few might go lower than that but is anyone brave enough to predict higher? (Good game! Good game!)*

* a reference for the older fans

Think we'll do okay this season.

I'm going for top-half finish as well

"9th"

I am old enough to appreciate the reference, top half finish I think the club will be happy with and the fans after last season comfortably away from relegation and promotion I feel.

I'll plump for 17th position and 54 points.

After watching a lot of Div 2 last season I'm going for 18th,trouble is someone always drops who you don't expect fingers crossed it's not the Alex.

Only 5 predictions so far?????? Come on, only 2 days to go before the season opener!
    I'll post a new predictions thread after the proverbial 10 games, just to see how much people want to adjust their ideas.

11th at best. Brucie on the Generation Game - takes me back to when the whole family would watch TV together in the 1970s. How did we manage with three channels and no internet?

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, and predict a top half finish. I think we're still light at the back, especially backup for Mellor. As such, can't see us keeping many clean sheets, and we'll probably get well and truly marmalised a time or two as well. However, I also think we have goals in us this season. I foresee a return to the Dario days of 'we'll score one more goal than you' mentality. I also think we'll do much better with set pieces this season, at both ends of the pitch, as we've got the most physically imposing side we've had in a good few years. Either way, we'll be entertaining to watch and bad for our hearts. I'll go for 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, and predict a top half finish. I think we're still light at the back, especially backup for Mellor. As such, can't see us keeping many clean sheets, and we'll probably get well and truly marmalised a time or two as well. However, I also think we have goals in us this season. I foresee a return to the Dario days of 'we'll score one more goal than you' mentality. I also think we'll do much better with set pieces this season, at both ends of the pitch, as we've got the most physically imposing side we've had in a good few years. Either way, we'll be entertaining to watch and bad for our hearts. I'll go for 12th.
    My thoughts are a slow start, and a gradual improvement ending with a 10th place finish

I will go for 14th, some good spells and some lulls, never really threatening either end of the table.