+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ....and Rochdale

Typical criticism from someone who was not at the game. Nothing to do with sitting back at all. Just that Rochdale as the home team came out and gave it a go in the 2nd half. We defended well, hung on at times, but saw it through. Full credit to them, but oh no, let's have a whinge time 😡

Well, hearing our manager after the game he seemed to agree with the comments of Lukcour. I would politely suggest there was no criticism of our team and there was no whinge in my simple opinion. It is a simple fact that trying to hang on can be counter productive to win games but it was a great win and great two goals and the first scorer seemed to be very good based on the highlights. Fitness in any first game is always an issue as it was with me a few years back...Took me 40 games to get to 60%...

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Typical criticism from someone who was not at the game. Nothing to do with sitting back at all. Just that Rochdale as the home team came out and gave it a go in the 2nd half. We defended well, hung on at times, but saw it through. Full credit to them, but oh no, let's have a whinge time ��
    Hope you enjoyed that. All you do is sit there waiting for someone like me to make a constructive comment. Pathetic

Thanks Mike

I think MSB was closer: we definitely didn't sit back but it was a matter of fitness. Most of the 1st half was so intense that it was always likely that some of the players would run out of puff - with so many players recently coming back from injury, even more so. The biggest difficulty was having the players available who could receive the ball and keep it. That's why I couldn't understand the bringing on of Finney who has no ability in that department. In fact once he flicked the ball up so he could hoof it towards the corner when in a position to find a red shirt. (end of Finney rant).
    So, it wasn't tactics but they did need some 'management' in that second half.
    Do they use the full press next time? It'll only work if we score during that period.

[QUOTE=lukcour;40087435]Pleased we started with a win. Did not attend the game or listen to commentary so not in a position to comment.

Should have ended your post there. To then go and criticise our tactics was just a joke.

[QUOTE=whosbrianwilson;40088037]
    Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Pleased we started with a win. Did not attend the game or listen to commentary so not in a position to comment.

Should have ended your post there. To then go and criticise our tactics was just a joke.
    And we wonder why so few supporters post on here. There are so many young ones who would love to express there opinions on here but know it is going to be met with the lowest form of wit, ignorant sarcasm.

Tbh, I can't see any evidence of sarcasm in WBW's post but maybe we can all stop the sniping on personal terms. I can see the logic in WBW's annoyance but maybe, sometimes, people do not express themselves well. We're all guilty of that 'in the moment'.
    Perhaps we should concentrate on objective criticism, praise and analytical comment and resist the urge to snap back at something not exactly meant at the time.

Did not intend any "ignorant sarcasm" and reading back, none was portrayed. My biggest gripe is when someone hasn't been to the game, but then chirps up with a moan or criticism. Especially when they haven't even listened to the commentary!! Just like Praise and Grumble, my view is that if you've not watched the game, don't whinge about it.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Did not intend any "ignorant sarcasm" and reading back, none was portrayed. My biggest gripe is when someone hasn't been to the game, but then chirps up with a moan or criticism. Especially when they haven't even listened to the commentary!! Just like Praise and Grumble, my view is that if you've not watched the game, don't whinge about it.
    If I may add something here...

This forum is not book of the month thing, its a football forum where any fan can comment on the football score, result, tactics, fitness, coaching etc and we should all try and listen to others views no matter how they sound re me and coaching etc. Thing is fitness in the early games is always going to be a factor and so nowt wrong commenting on that and if we had to be at a game to do that then you could close down most forums as only so many get to games. I mean Lukcour makes a splendid point in that there were around 800 Crewe fans at Rochdale and as far as I know just gazan who went to it and kindly gave us a personal viewpoint on it. Thank you very much. So can it be true that most who went, don't have internet access to this board especially the other thousands Crewe fans who didn't go? Maybe they are put off by some comments or maybe not. Some clubs have a few fans giving pre match and post match comments that are great..

Its just my humble opinion that we ought to encourage fans to post here, the more the better and be allowed to have our own opinions that can be shot down but in a good way and even at this point I resist the temptation to mention 'coaching' and James Greaves...

I think we may do a lot better this season than I thought....yehhhhh....
    Last edited by MikeSB; 02-08-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Think you will find that Crewe Alexandra Chat on Facebook is where most people post and comment. There are dozens of active posters.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast