+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why can’t they

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I would be grateful if you could explain why Scottish funding has been cut. I think the money going to Holyrood might have gone up in cash terms and there is the additional funding direct from Westminster for "levelling up" purposes. Could we have some facts?
    Really? Facts from Islay?? Facts according to Islay maybe,but cold hard Facts? You will wait a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Really? Facts from Islay?? Facts according to Islay maybe,but cold hard Facts? You will wait a while.....
    How about your facts? Islay might surprise you with some details.

'Islay' and 'details' in the same sentence? Just no.

No, he won't. He will supply 'facts' straight from the mail,straight off the top of his head, or straight from narnia. He will add details that are absolutely ridiculous,like " they won't fix that road I don't use" or "electric cars have a thousand ways to kill you" or "Nicola did something,and it's bad because I say so", or the classic " Prince Charles is responsible for the Climate change I don't believe in,because he drinks whisky".

I honestly admire his passion,and despair at his lack of any real sense.

No, he won't. He will supply 'facts' straight from the mail,straight off the top of his head, or straight from narnia. He will add details that are absolutely ridiculous,like " they won't fix that road I don't use" or "electric cars have a thousand ways to kill you" or "Nicola did something,and it's bad because I say so", or the classic " Prince Charles is responsible for the Climate change I don't believe in,because he drinks whisky".

I honestly admire his passion,and despair at his lack of any real sense.
    Last Thursday I received an email from my MSP which enclosed a reply from Michael Matheson the Scottish Government minister for Net Zero stating how the Scottish Government counted the CO2 emissions throughout Scotland and if they counted the CO2 emissions from Peatlands.
    I now know the answer and I am keeping it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last Thursday I received an email from my MSP which enclosed a reply from Michael Matheson the Scottish Government minister for Net Zero stating how the Scottish Government counted the CO2 emissions throughout Scotland and if they counted the CO2 emissions from Peatlands.
    Never change Islay.😆

I would be grateful if you could explain why Scottish funding has been cut. I think the money going to Holyrood might have gone up in cash terms and there is the additional funding direct from Westminster for "levelling up" purposes. Could we have some facts?
    Despite what the SNP supporters state Scottish Government funding from Westminster has not been cut. Every time departments such as Health in England receive an increase in their funding from Westminster the Scottish Government receives Consequential Funding based on the rules of the Barnett Formula.
    However there is one major difference. The Consequential Funding the Scottish Government receives is not ‘ring fenced’ to be spent on Health in Scotland. There is nothing to prevent it being spent on one of Nicola Sturgeon’s pet projects such as independence.
    In the current financial year the SNP controlled Scottish Government has set aside £270 million to be spent by a department of civil servants working on the second independence referendum.
    At the same time Scottish local authorities had a shortfall of £270 million which the Scottish Government refused to give them because Nippy’s pet project is more important.
    I enclose an article from NHS Scotland which explains how much money they receive from the Scottish Government and the total amount the Scottish Government receives from Westminster. http://www.ournhsscotland.com/our-nh...d-how-it-works

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Thank the lord

I have just been watching the BBC Scotland news at 1.35pm.
    There was a piece about John Swinney the Deputy First Minister begging for Westminster to give the Scottish Government more money to deal with Scottish local authorities pay claims. “Please sir can I have some more”!
    It was stated that the Scottish Government has received £41 billion this year from Westminster which is the highest settlement since devolution began.
    The Scottish Government receives £126 per person in Scotland compared to £100 per person in England.
    The Scottish Government should have spent their money more wisely instead of squandering it on ferries that are years overdue or new ferries that cannot fit the existing piers.
    Sadly this is unbelievable but true.
    The SNP controlled Scottish Government received £97 million from Westminster to deal with the cladding crisis and up to a couple of months ago they had spent less than half a million pounds on replacing cladding.
    Shona Robison the SNP MSP for Dundee East is in charge of this fund.

Thank the lord
    You would certainly change your tune if you knew the answer which I am not going to tell you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)