+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheeky bet

Not a difficult one for me when it's only £20 over a full season. I know the risks with potential injury which obviously applies to everyone.

Alternatively if I lose my bet cos he moves for BIG money in January I will happy for the club#radar.

And as you are probably aware , and as stated earlier, the cash out they offer is rarely tempting on bets like this.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Alternatively if I lose my bet cos he moves for BIG money in January I will happy for the club#radar.
    Conversely, however BIG the money I'd be disappointed for the club #promotion. It would undoubtedly be a feather in the cap for the recruitment policy and balancing the books, but it would be a big blow to us getting out of this division. That's my priority.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And as you are probably aware , and as stated earlier, the cash out they offer is rarely tempting on bets like this.
    True, it's always better to back the alternative at favourable odds in a binary option* rather than to take the cash out. On that basis, Skybet have finally paid out today on my big bet that Boris Johnson would lose his job in 2022. I was never tempted to take the cash out.

* I've got a biggish bet on Labour to win the next General Election at 15/8. Not because I have any great confidence in Labour, more that I see the Tories as utterly incompetent. It's not a guaranteed binary option, but I can now back the Tories at evens. Any advice?

Without wishing to state the obvious I would dearly hope promotion is everyone's priority at the club and on here.

Sorry no advice from me I've only ever bet on political events once before under advice.
    I do well and win the vast majority of my money on the horses. I view my footy bets , especially involving Notts, as a bit of fun. I see my Top 7 bet as an investment like last season, the Langstaff bet was my speculative punt and was likely to fail when placed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123