+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meadow Lane over the last 100 years

Meadow Lane over the last 100 years

Some fantastic old pictures here.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...Z4cz6RE7o3RDT8

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    I think Cher has posted that link before, but nice to look through again.

I was annoyed by this however......

"c1927 Notts County Football Club, Meadow Lane. Meadow Lane is to the right of ground, Iremonger road is at the bottom of the image."

Iremonger Road wouldn't exist for another 35 years or so and it wouldn't be at the bottom of that image.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    re: railway level crossing

I didn't realise Meadow Lane went all the way to Colwick Rd.
    (Though chopped in two by developments, it seems there's a connecting footpath.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    re: railway level crossing

I didn't realise Meadow Lane went all the way to Colwick Rd.
    (Though chopped in two by developments, it seems there's a connecting footpath.)
    That's the way we used to get to the ground before it became a dead end and we'd often have to wait at the railway crossing. It was always heart-warming to see the odd old supporter in the Sneinton area with Notts scarves on making their way there on foot down Lord Nelson Street or wherever, something they'd probably done for many decades going back to Lawton days or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That's the way we used to get to the ground before it became a dead end and we'd often have to wait at the railway crossing. It was always heart-warming to see the odd old supporter in the Sneinton area with Notts scarves on making their way there on foot down Lord Nelson Street or wherever, something they'd probably done for many decades going back to Lawton days or earlier.
    Sneinton & Colwick are among the few areas of Nottingham I don't know well.
    From a historical point of view, it's very interesting because it retained the "S" dropped from Snottsingeham.