+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lineup v Plymouth

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Just Googled it.
    That news has definitely slipped under the radar.
    Able to use 5 subs from 7 is going to favour Barnsley over some of the other 1st Division teams as Barnsley have a decent squad in depth.
    Other than of course the target striker position.
    Are you saying we need a target man Nudger , well have not heard that one off you before , oh maybe you did mention Oulare in a past life

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Just Googled it.
    That news has definitely slipped under the radar.
    Able to use 5 subs from 7 is going to favour Barnsley over some of the other 1st Division teams as Barnsley have a decent squad in depth.
    Other than of course the target striker position.
    Slipped under the radar my a**e Nudge - get a life boy outside of your BBS one, much more interesting things going on

Duff has said Norwood isn't fit to start so will most likely be on the bench? He has used both Helik and Styles in pre season so I can see both starting?
    I would go along with Shads team but with Aitchson playing off Marsh, Cole wouldn't even make the bench for me! If it's not working I'd bring Jalo on?
    Has Leya even trained yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Slipped under the radar my a**e Nudge - get a life boy outside of your BBS one, much more interesting things going on

Over on there they are picking on his mate Higgy/Hemsworth tyke.

It won't be a good thing for us though if Styles stays, and then carries on not giving a toss.
    Hes had his head turned now by playing Intl football and he surely won't stay around a Lg one club. 👎

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It won't be a good thing for us though if Styles stays, and then carries on not giving a toss.
    Hes had his head turned now by playing Intl football and he surely won't stay around a Lg one club. ��
    I am not sure if he played with " not giving a toss " attitude will get him a move anywhere Acido , he will want to keep to the top of his game for one to attract buyers & secondly he will want to keep his place in the Hungary squad , he & Helick are professionals and I expect them both to play as well as they can.

I understand all that Shad.
    Like Mowatt did in his last season with us, he put himself in the shop window by giving us his best.
    But Im not sure if Styles cares enough anymore to put the effort in, and if he dun't get his move hes likely to just sulk.

I've had an interesting conversation with a former Scout in the last hour or so, It sounds like Style's is a homebird and was happy to stay here , mid November he and 3 or 4 more were called to a meeting with the CEO , if results didn't improve the Club would look for offers for them in the January transfer window , all except 1 were upset to hear this news , all were happy enough to stay if things were improved upon , In general they weren't happy with the Coaching or lack of it , the training was a joke and not organised , strange team selections caused friction in the dressing room, and an air of gloom was all around the Club , he pointed out Morris, Helic, Woodrow and Collins were also happy to remain at Oakwell , If Helic /Style's and Collins do remain here ? I reckon we could have a good season , just another point he made , nobody has been in for Mads and he's happy to stay , bids of 1 million or less have been made for MH and CS, last week's outgoing had been after a move for a while , sounds like he had Clashes with Board member's and Coaches,

If Helik and Styles have only got a year on their contract - and are unwilling to sign another contract - then they must be sold.
    We cannot allow players to walk away from the club for nowt.

That dun't surprise me to be honest, when the players get peed off with bad coaches and tactics and team selections.
    It all adds up then to the worst ever season for the club, and thats because of what happened both on and off the pitch!!.
    Although in doing that, the players are making themselves to blame as well, they aren't innocent in what happened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast