+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best line up so far with what we have...

Best line up so far with what we have...

Martinez
    Cash
    Chambers
    Carlos
    Digne
    Kamara
    McGinn.c
    Luiz
    Cortinho
    Bailey
    Watkins

Can't argue with the first 6 of those, based on pre-season Buendia edges out Coutinho, Archer up front and Sanson for Luiz.

Watkins could play on the left and compete with Coutinho, all depends on formation & the opposition I guess.

Like Mondaze I'm not sure McGinn should be an automatic starter but will be now he's captain.

Martinez
    kesler haydyn
    chambers
    carlos
    digne
    kamara
    luiz
    ramsey
    courtinho/buandias
    archer
    watkins

This is from what ive seen pre-season. Obviously this is not the 11 that will start. Think Kesler Haydyn is better going forward than cash but don't think he will get the shout. As the fullbacks are played high up the field I think the attacking side could be more important.
    Think Luiz offers a more in that no.8 role than mcginn and ramsey carries the ball really well. i'm not sure if courtinho is better than buandias, so cant choose between them. Watkins is not a striker but he operates well wide, and Archer is the real deal as finisher. Think Bailey is a great impact player so perfect to come on late. Has yet to prove he can do it for 90 minutes.
    controversial,but as its not going to happen, easy to say.

Well, all through pre-season and halfway through the Rennes' game, I'm of the opinion that we're missing Mings at set pieces.

Ollie hasn't learned to control the ball over the Summer.

Bailey looks very decent throughout pre-season. I never thought that I'd type that.

Carlos lioks the Business though!

Not saying this is the best line up, more of an alternative way to set up........
    Emi 1
    Chambers Mings Carlos
    Cash Kamara Mcginn Digne
    Bailey Emi2 Coutinho
    Archer/ings/watkins
    Bearing in mind we are now on 5 subs we could easily change the attack based on whats happening at the time and switch to 442 451 etc
    Thoughts?

With the 5 sub rule, I can see players been subbed before HT, who are our subs....
    Keeper?
    Young
    Wiggy
    Chambers
    Konsa
    Sanson
    JJ
    Nacka
    Ings
    Traore
    Archer

So Archer stays, brilliant. It does however appear to rule out another striker coming in.

So with the squad, we have right now, and the manager's apparent preferences, I’d say he’ll go with (my choice in Bold);

Em1

Cash---Wing Back
    Carlos
    Mings
    Digne---Wing Back

Kamara
    McGinn
    Ramsey

Coutinho---Buendia

Bailey
    Watkins---Ings

I do like OSVs 3 at the back, but I’d go for 1 CB (Carlos) and 2 defenders with pace. Many sides are playing a false 9/ AMs with an eye for goal. Iroegbunam at DM, with Bouba from DM to CM.

Man C and the Dippers have gone down a big bloody CF route, so a proper back 3, or 4, against them, obviously.

Em1

Cash
    Carlos
    Digne

Iroegbunam

Kamara
    McGinn
    Ramsey
    Buendia

Bailey (Coutinho when it’s cold)
    Ings

Honestly, it looked good in my head

I still think Ings is bait, he could go leaving a new number 9 to come in? We need a big season from Watkins...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)