+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Somebody make the decision!

Somebody make the decision!

Surely after 30 minutes tonight someone within the club with some sort of authority has to make the decision to get shot of Alexander tonight. We are playing the worse football I have ever seen in over 50 years of watching them, and I have seen some horrendous football by us during that time. We have no structure to our open play, free kicks and corners it is quite obvious that we have no plans or tactics in place for them other than hit and hope. They don’t know how to play quick two touch paces to create space and scoring opportunities. We are certainties all ready for bottom two as there is nothing to suggest where our next victory is coming from under this manager. Getting rid of him now might cost us financially but letting him remain will cost us a whole lot more in the near future. Sligo forward Keena has caused our defenders more problems on his own than our three forwards have done together. The manager obviously isn’t seeing what the fans see. We couldn’t score goals or prevent conceding goals last season and it’s same old same old this season. Submitted this at HT

Can we know please Push the F@#kin Panic Button. Aye right enough we've got a squad that will compete with most teams in the SPL .....AYE RIGHT!!!
    Get this absolute clown out now!!

I'm not defending Alexander but he shares the debacle with those 15 players who played tonight. Some soul searching needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I'm not defending Alexander but he shares the debacle with those 15 players who played tonight. Some soul searching needed.
    Agree Jwok but Alexander was the one who picked the team and how we were going to play. The players look as if they have lost faith in him. When we went a goal down tonight the cameras switched to our bench where all the subs looked totally disinterested I think if I had been one of the subs I would have been running up and down at the side of the park roaring to my team mates and also showing the manager how desperate I was to get on the pitch. Since January we have taken something like nine points in games that I’m afraid fall to the manager either through tactics, team selection etc He has to go ASAP

Not convinced we'll bin him before Sunday...but should be first on the to do list next week.

So the Bit o' Red cuffed the "Bit o' Dead"!! Congrats to Sligo, but where do we go from here? We have a (previously) favourable looking set of opening fixtures and a home cup tie against a lower league team, but the confidence of the squad must be close to zero. Has GA lost the dressing room? If so, then make a decision asap (especially based on results since January). I never like to see a manager fired, but I'd rather have a battle over a couple of months with players giving some effort than a long slow decline and a panic decision early in 2023.

I don't like seeing anyone losing their job but its time for our board to make a decision and quickly. Our short lived Euro campaign has been very unsatisfactory in many ways. The sooner GA goes, the sooner the club can source a replacement and we move on. No point in delaying the inevitable.

So he walks away with an 18 month pay off (subject to negotiation) ... cheers Graham, and thanks for the memories of some of the most, sorry THE most, turgid football I've witnessed at FP in the past 40 years !!

As much as I was critical of the decision to extend his contract, I would be beyond amazed if we'd committed to a contract of that length without some kind of escape clause.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)