+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth v Barnsley, match thoughts

Plymouth v Barnsley, match thoughts

I don't know I'm about as excited for the first game of the season as I am when visiting the dentist .

Maybe I'm still reeling from last season's catastrophe and the fact that I know deep down this season isn't going to go as well as many think it will .

Looks a difficult game tomorrow against a side who just missed out on the play offs and a point wouldn't be the worst start for us .

I know what you mean Animal , it's best if we all TRY to forget about last season , until we see what comings or goings happen , we won't really get a fair picture of what lies ahead, I don't see many defeats and only the odd win , draws in many games looks a real possibility , I'd be quite happy with 7 or 8 pts by the end of August ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know I'm about as excited for the first game of the season as I am when visiting the dentist .

Maybe I'm still reeling from last season's catastrophe and the fact that I know deep down this season isn't going to go as well as many think it will .

Looks a difficult game tomorrow against a side who just missed out on the play offs and a point wouldn't be the worst start for us .
    I’m opposite - totally on the ceiling buzzing.
    Excited.
    But understand what yer saying as there is still an underlying hangover from last season.

I’m expecting a slow start of the season - but still I think we could win this one.

I watched as many 1st Division games as possible last season - including the playoffs - the quality was generally poor - and that includes Rovrum.
    We have a squad that should do well.
    However - I’d be much happier if the strike force was sorted.

Im more excited than I think I shud be, especially after last seasons shoite show wheb I was angry as hell!.
    But that 'bug' of being a fan will never go away, fingers crossed.
    The result at Plimmy wont define our season of course, and I think we'll lose there tomorrow. But theres a bigger picture here at work, hopefully. 😃

If we gu darn theear and keep a clean sheet assul be really happy. It's a tough ask to be fair.

I've no excitement for this first game either. I do think we've got a good manager in place and I will be impressed if Styles, Collins and Helik stick with us. I'm expecting a slowish start with the fixtures we have. A draw for me would be a good result tomorrow.

Good luck lads - go well this season and hey Acido

3 points please Lads!

I don’t know if I’m excited that we are playing or if it’s just that the seasons starting, I hate close season!
    I think we will lose tomorrow, but we will win more than we lose once they have gelled.
    Looks like Helik is unfit, but I think it’s because they don’t want to risk an injury with a possible sale on the way? Be interesting to see if Styles plays? Norwood still a couple of weeks away, so looks like a cameo from the bench.
    Can’t see where goals are gonna come from, we desperately need strikers through the door!

Up the DUFF ! Wiss bi reyt
    Around 1k Reds travelling , safe journey ♥
    Last edited by Romared; 30-07-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast