+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Plymouth v Barnsley, match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Did we have that many missed chances ?. Because our best spell only came late on and we could have nicked a point, but I think we were rather lucky to have been only 1 down by then.
    As annoyed as I am with players like Cole, hes getting little or no service, and theres no quality and leadership from midfield.

And this idea that they have all gone quiet again now in the board room, that is also worrying.
    Benson missed a gobber after Aitchison's effort came back to him off the woodwork .

Aitchison although pushed in the back could have taken it on a bit sooner and Williams burst clear on the right but delayed his shot and the Argyle lad got a block on .

A few other bits n pieces , we got in behind a couple of times but couldn't pick anybody out in the box .

The thing that angered me the most was our work rate or lack of it and for me that was the difference between the two teams .

Ok its done now, and we should think that the season starts 'properly' now on Satdy, as its our first home game.
    And it will be interesting to see how Duff has us set up and the attitude etc, seeing as its against his former team.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok its done now, and we should think that the season starts 'properly' now on Satdy, as its our first home game.
    And it will be interesting to see how Duff has us set up and the attitude etc, seeing as its against his former team.
    I think it's pretty fair to say this could be a frustrating season .

I think if Duff at least gets some sweat on those Red shirts it will buy him the time he's going to need to try and turn this club around .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think it's pretty fair to say this could be a frustrating season .

I think if Duff at least gets some sweat on those Red shirts it will buy him the time he's going to need to try and turn this club around .
    Absolutely mate

Surely there were some positives to take from the game, and hopefully Duff & Paterson will have learned some things.
    Like a few players who looked decent after coming on as sub, and who will hopefully get better with more games and fitness etc.
    Or a few of the players who just aren't good enough or aren't interested, and need moving on if possible.
    Any sensible managers/coaches who know what they're doing and who know this League (so that rules out Schopp & Asbaghi), should learn from a defeat as well as a victory. 👍

Heres the highlights, if there were any lol, from the opening day away at Plymouth. We could/should have snatched a draw late on, because they din't take advantage of their early dominating part of the game. And Im not sure about the penalty claim for us, it dun't seem as blatant as some fans are making out, and Im not sure if it would have been given to the home team.

Last edited by Acido; 05-09-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789