+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpie Taproom - Weekends & Match Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie Brewery View Post
    That would be grand. Not a local?

There's a new website under construction; we're far from proud of the current one so give us a follow on social media too (fb, insta, twitter) as it's a bit more fun and lighthearted...plenty of insight into the brewing itself and us as people, rather than just the usual flood of adverts.
    Ross-shire. Notts trip planned for September.

PS: Your website seems okay to me.

Never mind the player ratings, did anyone try the Magpie tap room! If so, was it any good?

We went in after the game and it was fine, albeit with limited space.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    We went in after the game and it was fine, albeit with limited space.
    Quite so!

It's a wee bit intimate but hopefully we'll be able to get some outside benches sooner rather than later.

Thanks so much for popping in

This week we have on:

Cask
    Trailhound Rye IPA
    Flipside Franc In Stein Pale

Keg
    Bread Brewd Bakers Pale (made using surplus bread)
    Direction Of Travel Mango IPA
    Siren (Guest) Broken Dream Chocolate Stout
    Cake & Egret Raspberry Jam Pale
    Aquila Japanese-Hopped Pale
    Coconut Summer Pale

Next On
    Totally Brewed Free Rane American Pale
    Slow Down, Trev Kiwi Pale
    Mardy Bum Brew Co Peach & Honeycomb WitBier

Cider
    Eight different ciders (four fruited) from Sneinton Cider Co, Thirsty Farmer, Scrumpy Wasp

All the usual bottles etc
    Last edited by Magpie Brewery; 19-08-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Siren Broken Dream is absolute mustard. Will definitely try to nip in.

Do you sell any decent Lager or is it all that warm, flat, lumpy stuff that gives you the runs ?.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Do you sell any decent Lager or is it all that warm, flat, lumpy stuff that gives you the runs ?.
    A lager is in the offing, but isn't ready yet sadly!

In better news, all of our keg beers are served cold and carbonated, with only minimal-to-moderate lumpage. I have reserved one of our toilets for you

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie Brewery View Post
    A lager is in the offing, but isn't ready yet sadly!

In better news, all of our keg beers are served cold and carbonated, with only minimal-to-moderate lumpage. I have reserved one of our toilets for you
    Cheers, nice to see some folk still have a sense of humour, I once had a unit near you & still park there so have popped in before & will make an effort to pop in again, unfortunately " Real Ale" is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Cheers, nice to see some folk still have a sense of humour, I once had a unit near you & still park there so have popped in before & will make an effort to pop in again, unfortunately " Real Ale" is not my thing.
    Happily, I ordered in a guest lager which arrived today to go on tap this weekend. If you do pop in then be sure to report back and let us know what you reckon to it!

Shut tomorrow and Saturday for the Arboretum beer festival, but open Sunday from 2pm and Monday from 12pm

Name:  Polish_20220820_094324294.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  93.8 KB
    Name:  Polish_20220725_205048541.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  87.5 KB

Hello all

Still going strong on the pitch

Thought I'd pop on for another quick hello and to thank anyone who has so far supported us - it cannot be overstated how important the football crowd is to us, during a time when breweries are closing weekly.

We are of course open on Tuesday, as one might expect because I can't think of anything else that happens on the 14th Feb.

Lagers, pales, stouts, and sours are on keg plus the usual bitter/pale combo on cask. Bottles. Ciders. Yadda yadda.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast