+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best 45 mins I have seen for BFC in about 5 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    With due respect to Frank and Mick but that is utter tripe. I was watching Trevor Steven play like a seasoned professional at 16 years old, and are they saying seasoned professionals never miss sitters, and Frank should kńow better, he could, and did, miss sitters with the best of them.
    They were talking about a player's all round game mon ami. Citeh have just spunked 50 odd million for a so-called superstar and he scooped one over the bar from about 5 yards out. One thing I know you and me will agree on, Jimmy Greaves never missed "sitters."

How many Jimmy Greaves are in a pound though mon ami?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

My "source" who has been spot on so far, says one out and two in this week. Got to go, the taxis need a spruce up!
    I would hope the one out is Cornet, I was thinking the arrival of our Brazilian superstar made Roberts surplus to requirements, but maybe Vinni wants to play them both ?

They were talking about a player's all round game mon ami. Citeh have just spunked 50 odd million for a so-called superstar and he scooped one over the bar from about 5 yards out. One thing I know you and me will agree on, Jimmy Greaves never missed "sitters."

How many Jimmy Greaves are in a pound though mon ami?
    To be honest I don't recall ever seeing Jimmy miss a sitter, but I expect he did. I do recall top strikers Kane and Sterling missing them by the shedload, luckily for them they don't play for Burnley or they would get some stick. Quite honestly I don't think our strikers miss more than anyone else's, they just don't get that many, so it seems more obvious when they do.

I think the word "sitter" is overused. It's all well and good having an open goal in front of you but if the ball comes at you just an inch beyond where it needs to be for you to adjust your momentum accounting for the speed at which it arrives, it ain't going to go in the right direction.

Great philosophy is that sinkov. Let's concentrate on what we are doing, the others can look after themselves.

My "source" who has been spot on so far, says one out and two in this week. Got to go, the taxis need a spruce up!

Attachment 22258
    You will be paying them Terriers overtime at this rate BT.Their Summer holidays will start on September 1st I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    The assumption that Huddersfield are par for the course in this division is wide of the mark. They were very poor, losing both of their “ best players” recently and it showed big time. Two shots all game, none of them on target. They improved slightly in the second half, but by then, we should have been 4 goals up and out of sight. I’m not sure Muric even got his gloves dirty.An away win without conceding ,is not to be sniffed at. Here’s to us adding a few more.
    I thought we'd beaten a decent Championship team at Huddersfield, Mal didn't agree. Huddersfield are now in the bottom three. I have to hold my hand up, Mal was right, I was wide of the mark.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)