+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 45 mins I have seen for BFC in about 5 seasons

Best 45 mins I have seen for BFC in about 5 seasons

Dominant,commanding performance.Same old problem with the onion bag though.Should easy be 3 or 4 up.Hope we dont regret missing those chances.Why isn`t Twine playing?
    Only weak points were the SD players.Brownhill gave the ball away too much again and Ashley is past it.Costello looks nervous.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 29-07-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Yeah I hope we won't regret scoring more goals... can’t see us running that much second half.

Brilliant start.Dropped off a bit in the second half but Hudds didn`t have a shot on target for the whole 90 mins.I like what I see.Could easily have been 4 or 5.If we get a goalscorer we will be dangerous.Twine looked the part when he came on.Maatsen is different class.

Brownhill did ok I thought, Cork was good, Roberts ok and Tylor did well in his new role

Missed chances could have cost us once again. It is not good to see that we can't even get a penalty at this level when Barnes was wiped out in the first 10 minutes!
    CiB, you really do have a downer on Brownhill, however, don't worry because he will be signed by a Pl team who do appreciate his skills so you won't have to complain about him any more. Noticeable that our manager went straight to him at the end of the game to thank him for his display.

Wow,well played the Clarets,looks like we have the makings of a decent team ..Dominated the game ,just needed to put a few of the chances away that we had .. Best I've seen us play for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Missed chances could have cost us once again. It is not good to see that we can't even get a penalty at this level when Barnes was wiped out in the first 10 minutes!
    CiB, you really do have a downer on Brownhill, however, don't worry because he will be signed by a Pl team who do appreciate his skills so you won't have to complain about him any more. Noticeable that our manager went straight to him at the end of the game to thank him for his display.
    No downer Sub.Just hope VK teaches him to pass better.It is a totally different style we are trying to play.Posession was never our strength under SD.I hope he learns and stays because he is a grafter just needs to tidy up his passing and shooting.

Great start to the season. The win was nothing less than what we deserved. I really thought it was going to be a case of how many we would win by , during the first half. Everyone could see the way we are trying to play out from the back, and it was so refreshing to see , after what’s been dished out over the past few seasons. As for Huddersfield, they were poor, make no mistake about it. Not a patch on the team that did so well last season.This result should give us Clarets plenty of confidence ,as the season begins to get underway. At least we have some direction now, it seems..

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Brilliant start.Dropped off a bit in the second half but Hudds didn`t have a shot on target for the whole 90 mins.I like what I see.Could easily have been 4 or 5.If we get a goalscorer we will be dangerous.Twine looked the part when he came on.Maatsen is different class.
    Totally agree CiB but I would also mention Cullen. He ran the midfield and was exactly what were missing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Great start to the season. The win was nothing less than what we deserved. I really thought it was going to be a case of how many we would win by , during the first half. Everyone could see the way we are trying to play out from the back, and it was so refreshing to see , after what’s been dished out over the past few seasons. As for Huddersfield, they were poor, make no mistake about it. Not a patch on the team that did so well last season.This result should give us Clarets plenty of confidence ,as the season begins to get underway. At least we have some direction now, it seems..
    I’ll just throw this one in , if we’d paid 10 million for Cullen no one would have bat an eyelid , very tidy footballer, is whole game is very good

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)