+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Maddison

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Well Maddison got 18 goals in all comps and Cornet 9.

Maddison played 53 games over the year, Cornet played 28.

So I'd say based on last seasons stats Maddison has a strong edge.
    Burnley are shiite though.

£50 mil is a bargain for Maddison. He offers so much creativity. Something we are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    £50 mil is a bargain for Maddison. He offers so much creativity. Something we are lacking.
    Aye, tbf, that's the going rate-at least- for a very good English midfielder.

Don't get me wrong, I said early on I'd like one of Maddison, Tielemans or Barnes but feel Cornet is better value.

I guess I need to lose the money saving thoughrs these days.

Can we spend all of that £140 mill loan this window? If so we can buy Cornetto, Maddison and a new striker

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Can we spend all of that £140 mill loan this window? If so we can buy Cornetto, Maddison and a new striker
    Tbh, I'd keep Mt powder dry fur a few weeks until we can get the Paqueta deal done.

Hes stats embarrass Maddison, he's 1 yrs younger, hasa telepathic relationship with Bruno and doesn't have a history of hip injuries.

£50m for Maddison or Paqueta is not even a conversation.

One is a top EPL Midfielder with aspirations to make the national team the other is one of the first names on the Brazil national team sheet

Cornet smacks of desperation. If its 17m release clause why haven't we done thay deal yet?

Tells me he's a 'last chance saloon signing / Chris Wood-esque.

We have better targets still in play or Cornet would already have been signed.

Nothing against the lad just not the sort of player that top top players are gonna look at NUFC and think WOW I would like to play with him.

Bruno, Botman, Pope, Tripz are all in that top international bracket and other top players will be happy to work along side them

Cornet doesn't inspire that kind of attraction for an Osimhen etc.

Sadly tonight the club are in progress to trigger his release clause and want to see if the player wants to come to NUFC.

I'm not inspired by Cornet at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Tbh, I'd keep Mt powder dry fur a few weeks until we can get the Paqueta deal done.

Hes stats embarrass Maddison, he's 1 yrs younger, hasa telepathic relationship with Bruno and doesn't have a history of hip injuries.

£50m for Maddison or Paqueta is not even a conversation.

One is a top EPL Midfielder with aspirations to make the national team the other is one of the first names on the Brazil national team sheet

Cornet smacks of desperation. If its 17m release clause why haven't we done thay deal yet?

Tells me he's a 'last chance saloon signing / Chris Wood-esque.

We have better targets still in play or Cornet would already have been signed.

Nothing against the lad just not the sort of player that top top players are gonna look at NUFC and think WOW I would like to play with him.

Bruno, Botman, Pope, Tripz are all in that top international bracket and other top players will be happy to work along side them

Cornet doesn't inspire that kind of attraction for an Osimhen etc.

Sadly tonight the club are in progress to trigger his release clause and want to see if the player wants to come to NUFC.

I'm not inspired by Cornet at all.
    Just done a deeper dive into Maddisons stats and reconsidering my comments.

Last time his hip flaired up was last September. So I'm less concerned about his injury issues.

Also, looking at his heat map on certain sites, he seems to play in ams around what we used to all an old school 'inside right forward'. For Leicester he has played out on the right on multiple occasions & his game ratings are 7.0 or better. 20+ goal contributions last season.

With his inclusions, the ability to swap with Miggy on the right side as miggy presses more centrally and the potential intricate link up play with Bruno & Almiron as they rotate through positions in the transition to the final 3rd it could be very interesting.

I'm hearing Leicester still owe £8mil on the Perez deal. More over, Schmeichel looking like he's heading to France there is interest from Leicester in Dubravka. Both of these factors would mean Maddison would actually cost considerably less than the £50m touted.

Much as I'd like to keep hold of Dubz, he's been a great servant and I still think he has a lot of offer the club if he's unhappy to fight it out in a world cup year or potentially be on the bench behind Pope I'd not hold it against him if he wanted to go.

Food for thought.

Also I don't think this is the end of our interest in Paqueta as Maddison could take the right wing birth with Lucy's making up the central 3 with J7 and Bruno.

Let's see what shakes out through August ahead of the September 1st transfer window deadline day.

Just done a deeper dive into Maddisons stats and reconsidering my comments.

Last time his hip flaired up was last September. So I'm less concerned about his injury issues.

Also, looking at his heat map on certain sites, he seems to play in ams around what we used to all an old school 'inside right forward'. For Leicester he has played out on the right on multiple occasions & his game ratings are 7.0 or better. 20+ goal contributions last season.

With his inclusions, the ability to swap with Miggy on the right side as miggy presses more centrally and the potential intricate link up play with Bruno & Almiron as they rotate through positions in the transition to the final 3rd it could be very interesting.

I'm hearing Leicester still owe £8mil on the Perez deal. More over, Schmeichel looking like he's heading to France there is interest from Leicester in Dubravka. Both of these factors would mean Maddison would actually cost considerably less than the £50m touted.

Much as I'd like to keep hold of Dubz, he's been a great servant and I still think he has a lot of offer the club if he's unhappy to fight it out in a world cup year or potentially be on the bench behind Pope I'd not hold it against him if he wanted to go.

Food for thought.

Also I don't think this is the end of our interest in Paqueta as Maddison could take the right wing birth with Lucy's making up the central 3 with J7 and Bruno.

Let's see what shakes out through August ahead of the September 1st transfer window deadline day.
    "Also I don't think this is the end of our interest in Paqueta as Maddison could take the right wing birth with Lucy's making up the central 3 with J7 and Bruno."

- Lucy's - hahaha Lucas

"Also I don't think this is the end of our interest in Paqueta as Maddison could take the right wing birth with Lucy's making up the central 3 with J7 and Bruno."

- Lucy's - hahaha Lucas
    If Maddidon’s going to cost 60 million, surely we could get Paqueta for that? Maddison is proven in the PL but there are some doubts over injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If Maddidon’s going to cost 60 million, surely we could get Paqueta for that? Maddison is proven in the PL but there are some doubts over injuries.
    I here you TT. It seems that Leicester want to wipe out the rest of the £8mil Perez debt in this deal by jacking the price up an additional £10m by asking for 60.

In this crazy market £50million (I guess, I mean £50million is a mental amount of money in reality) is the going rate for a peak performing, prime age 'English' player with a cap or two for the National Team.

The way things work in France is that they don't have 'release clauses', they have 'Buyout clauses'.

The difference is that if a player has a release clause a club can come in and offer a staged payment structured deal to achieve that amount. A buy out clause is only activated by the player. How clubs get the player out of their contract is by paying the player his buy out clause fee for him to pay himself out of his contract.

Depending on what Paqueta's buy out clause it's still a large sum of money for the club to pay out up front without the ability to structure payments over several seasons.

Hope this makes senses.

To double back to your point TT, as mentioned in my first post above, I'd prefer Paqueta over Maddison.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)