+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Maddison

James Maddison

Telegraph reporting we've made an official bid of £40 million which Leicester yesterday rejected. We are supposedly going to come back with a substantial offer. Other sources are also reporting the story now so if true this could be a very interesting one. I remember thinking he used to be over hyped then I watched him closely in a game against us season before last and he was outstanding. I think he'd be a brilliant addition if we could bring him in and a real marquee signing. What do you guys think?

Wasn't expecting this one at all. He's a good player but not sure he's worth breaking our transfer record for. Would give us more goals from midfield though

Very good player. Hate him cos of his cheating but would love to have him here.

His injury record isn't great:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jame...spieler/294057

Recurring hip injuries that have kept him out for long spells and lots of niggles

I don't think he's worth the £60 mill Leicester reportedly want

Other theory circulating online that it's a ruse/smokescreen bid to make Lyon lower their asking price for Paqueta. Their president did say last month that multiple offers had been received from PL clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Other theory circulating online that it's a ruse/smokescreen bid to make Lyon lower their asking price for Paqueta. Their president did say last month that multiple offers had been received from PL clubs
    With this one coming from nowhere it does make you wonder how many players we are talking to behind closed doors. I certainly think Paqueta will be one of them and it could end up coming down to who would be the best overall deal out of the two. I think Maddison will want to come I just can't see Leicester going anywhere now and he knows fine well we are a club on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    His injury record isn't great:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jame...spieler/294057

Recurring hip injuries that have kept him out for long spells and lots of niggles

I don't think he's worth the £60 mill Leicester reportedly want
    I think we'd get him for under £50 anything over that I can't really see us entertaining it but we shall see.

Good player, but has an injury history.

He also plays the majority of his games in the middle, not as a forward, and with Shelvey, Willock, Longstaff and potentially Anderson all wanting the 1 remaining slot (alongside Bruno and Big Joe) then do we really want to bring in another player in that role?

Is Howe looking at him for a different role maybe?

Aye, we're pretty well stacked with midfielders even with Shelvey out for 3 weeks. Could just be a bid to force other clubs to act. Unless we've received bids for Willock or someone else that haven't been made public yet

40m+Longstaff Leicester would snap our hand off

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)