+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who's next?

Who's next?

The rumourmill is in full swing, no surprise there. Will the new man be one of (in no particular order)

Stephen Robinson, Tommy Wright, Duncan Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, Simo Valakari, Billy Davies, Shaun Maloney, Stevie Hammell etc etc

Interesting that Liam Kelly is quoted talking about the "toxicity" coming from the fans that influenced Alexander's decision to leave.

I'd be surprised if it's any of them tbh and not too unhappy about it either. Only Ferguson and Simo remotely enthuse me from that list.

Don’t think we should go back for our ex managers (Robinson, Davies) remember Mark MaGhee FFS Need someone who will come in with fresh ideas and not merely to come in a fall in to the Motherwell playing way. Need someone you will be ruthless and honest with the players. He will also have to have a list of available players he can bring in immediately that will improve the team. All this needs to be done ASAP and definitely before the transfer window closes

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Don’t think we should go back for our ex managers (Robinson, Davies) remember Mark MaGhee FFS Need someone who will come in with fresh ideas and not merely to come in a fall in to the Motherwell playing way. Need someone you will be ruthless and honest with the players. He will also have to have a list of available players he can bring in immediately that will improve the team. All this needs to be done ASAP and definitely before the transfer window closes
    What's Craig Brown doing these days?

Robinson just rubbished the rumor

Appointing a new manager is always a key decision, but this one seems to be especially important to get right. It needs to be someone who can lift the current squad and sort out the tactical side so they can play to the best of their ability, because I don’t think we will have megabucks to chuck at recruiting many new faces.
    We have KVV who has just signed an extension with us, apparently turning down opportunities to return home, he has persuaded his old pal Josh Morris to move to Scotland and then the manager they both knew and had, no doubt, been a big part of them opting for Motherwell, leaving. SO’D has been sidelined for weeks, the replacement captain thinks some of the fan base are ‘toxic’ (he may be correct but voicing it to the media is a mistake), Bevis’ morale must be in tatters after two major errors v Sligo, Shields and Efford (no matter what some fans think of them) are constantly played as wide men, which they are not, Ojala appears to have major questions over whether he is fit as we have not seen him, Tierney is a bit part player whereas he was a main man in his previous team .....and I could go on. In short, a squad with many questions hanging over them which cannot help them feel positive, so the new guy has to be capable of lifting them individually and as a team.
    I do think this requires someone with a bit of experience, although if the Board opt for Hammy I would be okay with that as his comment about getting some positivity into the players was spot on and his use of substitutes looked good, although one game is not a great sample size.
    I don’t have a crystal ball but one name I have not seen mentioned that might be worth considering is Billy Dodds (right, tin lid on and waiting for the barrage of “whit” “how” and “no way”)!

Simo has confirmed he's after it. Most credible candidate so far, not saying much mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Appointing a new manager is always a key decision, but this one seems to be especially important to get right. It needs to be someone who can lift the current squad and sort out the tactical side so they can play to the best of their ability, because I don’t think we will have megabucks to chuck at recruiting many new faces.
    We have KVV who has just signed an extension with us, apparently turning down opportunities to return home, he has persuaded his old pal Josh Morris to move to Scotland and then the manager they both knew and had, no doubt, been a big part of them opting for Motherwell, leaving. SO’D has been sidelined for weeks, the replacement captain thinks some of the fan base are ‘toxic’ (he may be correct but voicing it to the media is a mistake), Bevis’ morale must be in tatters after two major errors v Sligo, Shields and Efford (no matter what some fans think of them) are constantly played as wide men, which they are not, Ojala appears to have major questions over whether he is fit as we have not seen him, Tierney is a bit part player whereas he was a main man in his previous team .....and I could go on. In short, a squad with many questions hanging over them which cannot help them feel positive, so the new guy has to be capable of lifting them individually and as a team.
    I do think this requires someone with a bit of experience, although if the Board opt for Hammy I would be okay with that as his comment about getting some positivity into the players was spot on and his use of substitutes looked good, although one game is not a great sample size.
    I don’t have a crystal ball but one name I have not seen mentioned that might be worth considering is Billy Dodds (right, tin lid on and waiting for the barrage of “whit” “how” and “no way”)!
    Squad needs a major rebuild. There are about 4, maybe 5, from what was on display on Sunday that I would keep. Clear the rest of them out.

It will cost but everything has a price including being able to watch a Well team that plays attractive football.

Reports today confirming the expected - weekend shortlist with interviews next week and a hopeful appointment before Aberdeen.

Unless anyone credible has applied under the radar it seems a 50-50 between Hammell and Simo. Another three points on Saturday would do wonders for the former you assume.

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/...4990#gs.8p8co9

Report says Simo interviewed tomorrow as one of three candidates - the other pair are Hammell and another unnamed but in work coach.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)