+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Charlton v. Rams

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Statistically it's not nonsense. Apart from Palarse in the Cup, how often have we won in that there Lannen in recent years?
    Statistically our results in London have obviously been poor, agreed...but since when did past results, achieved by an almost entirely different personnel, have any bearing on what happens tomorrow or for the rest of this and future seasons?
    It’s illogical...just mind games...the outcome of tomorrow’s match will be determined by what happens in the 90+ minutes of tomorrow’s match...nowt to do with our recent results in London.

P.S. Looking at the table Charlton appear to be the only London team in League One...so that bodes well...or possibly not, seeing as I’ve just dissed the whole notion of London/bogey teams etc.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-08-2022 at 01:05 PM.

Curiously I've seen us play at Charlton about 7 times, and we generally do well there, apart from the last 3-0 kicking. In fact, and maybe I'm just a lucky mascot, we've generally done OK in London games I've been too, considering our (often) terrible away form

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Curiously I've seen us play at Charlton about 7 times, and we generally do well there, apart from the last 3-0 kicking. In fact, and maybe I'm just a lucky mascot, we've generally done OK in London games I've been too, considering our (often) terrible away form
    Oh great...so now we’re relying on you being a ‘lucky mascot’...and you’re not going!
    Might as well not bother on Tuesday against Mansfield either...’cos we ‘never do well against Nigel’s teams’.
    We really have to get past all this...I used to have a ‘lucky parking place’ for BBG matches...really believed it made a difference. Then I grew up...don’t believe in fairies either...all that makes a difference is what happens on the pitch.

Touch wood, I don't do superstitions. Wearing the same shirt for games until we lose a game and then moving to another from my collection doesn't count, now, does it? Getting my first beer of the day when watching via RamsTV 3 minutes before kick off is a habit not a superstition, surely?

PS - looking back on THAT season a massive NINE of the 20 sides in the PL that season are no longer in the PL.

We stuffed them 4-1 in 1946 in London!!!!
    Before anyone says owt I wasn't there!!!

2-2.

Nor was I mac, I was -8 at the time

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    We stuffed them 4-1 in 1946 in London!!!!
    Before anyone says owt I wasn't there!!!

2-2.
    Watched it at the flicks though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Watched it at the flicks though?
    Didn't they have Sky then???

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Didn't they have Sky then???
    Are you sure we won? Both teams played in black and white then...not that I rememember, I was -8 too.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are you sure we won? Both teams played in black and white then...not that I rememember, I was -8 too.
    and not a Derby fan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xSQrQsvN2s

watch it and weep. The king clearly a Charlton fan based on his not capping when we scored

Amazing to realise that our skipper on the day went on to have such an incredible golf career once he'd stopped playing football
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 05-08-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)