+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defend that....

Defend that....

I get shot down for being negative. ANYONE defend and get positives from that?? I Await. Get this feckin pitch ripped up. 13 wins in 50 games. Not an excuse though!

LOL nothing will ever change till builder boy running the show jogs on.
    Just enjoy the oblivion

Wullie's comments will be interesting given that he was upset following the negativity following the Annan game. Hard to defend that today other than saying Clyde are not a bad side and were very much more up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    I get shot down for being negative. ANYONE defend and get positives from that?? I Await. Get this feckin pitch ripped up. 13 wins in 50 games. Not an excuse though!
    Why can all the visiting teams play well at Palmerston?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Wullie's comments will be interesting given that he was upset following the negativity following the Annan game. Hard to defend that today other than saying Clyde are not a bad side and were very much more up for it.
    "Worry.. They were were very much up for it"..

There is the problem... We are ****bagging again, not prepared to "mix it" Far too soft and easily forced off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Best team won by a mile - bigger, stronger in the tackle and unbeatable in the air where vastly experienced centre - backs Peter Grant and Brian McLean strolled through the game against our small forwards. Clyde certainly got the bragging rights after suffering from big defeats when the King of Queens Stephen Dobbie was in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Best team won by a mile - bigger, stronger in the tackle and unbeatable in the air where vastly experienced centre - backs Peter Grant and Brian McLean strolled through the game against our small forwards. Clyde certainly got the bragging rights after suffering from big defeats when the King of Queens Stephen Dobbie was in his prime.
    Also Morgaro Gomis who was a decent player when at Dundee United...

It's easier to take the two positives than list all the negatives which is it could have been a different game if we'd a gone two up and the penality miss.

Its like the worst start you could imagine.

One of the few positives was the return of Euan East today . Badly need him up to speed for his defensive quality and ability to nick a goal ---Quitongo looks decent going forward but weak defensively --‐ McKenna is not the quickest and needs to be moved to centre half with Willie Gibson going to right back -----' Badly need an aggressive physical edge in midfield . Too much pitter patter without much 'dig'. Ian Wilson , get well soon --------Frustrating to still be without Reilly and Ruth ---- Still a huge 'work in progress' going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Agreed, it was very difficult to defend that. But real football fans will have different views dependant on the circumstances. It would appear that you just pop up with gloom, you must have happy thoughts sometimes. So to critique it from my perspective -again, agreed, Clyde seemed far more up for it and dare I say it, fitter. Centre Halves are always going to win long balls against small strikers. Todd, Reilly and Wilson are a big miss as was McGrory going off early door.

I'm not sure if picking himself is ego or just a lack of quality but Willie Gibson regularly caught in possession/loses the ball. Maybe time to take a permanent step back.

For me McKechnie shouldn't play either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)