+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defend that....

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Just heard today’s reserves game against Ayr United was called off with both teams there due to too much bird sh!t on pitch. What an embarrassment
    Not the finest weekend for our wee club - but not surprised when you saw the number of gulls at Palmerston yesterday
    fuelled by lots of discarded chips but it has been happening for years to be honest !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Not the finest weekend for our wee club - but not surprised when you saw the number of gulls at Palmerston yesterday
    fuelled by lots of discarded chips but it has been happening for years to be honest !
    The seagull issue is something the club has little control over as they are protected by law however discarded food is the reason they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Not being clever in hindsight because I talked before the season about signing a tall strong forward player ( like Brian Graham ) to hold the ball up and for the likes of Reilly to play off. We haven't signed this type and are relying on about four smallish but nimble forwards. This obviously cuts down on our physicallity and our options in the way Queens play, rendering the long ball forward as pretty ineffective as we saw today.. Just saying what I saw.
    I imagine Queens would be thinking of Ruth & Reiily as a front two partnership, if and when they're both match fit that is....

As I've thought previously I reckon Queens will be in League One for a good few seasons anyway. Just look how Falkirk have struggled to get back to the Championship.

Not much to be positive about yesterday. If we are not up for the first league game of the season at home when we even get a first minute lead then we have problems. Willie thought there was over reaction to the Annan game but the defending and lack of responsibility yesterday was startling. This is a big week for the coaching staff and the players. Not one man in the back four took any responsibility. We need an organiser to take command and defenders to start defending.
    Players aside we were out coached by Danny Lennon probably unsurprising given the vast difference in experience. I don't think we are good enough or physical enough to play with our Liverpool type front three of Paton,Connolly and Murray. From what I have seen Paton is first pick and Lee has lost his place after his daft red card. I would play a boring 442 to try and stop the gaping holes through the middle.
    Well done to Clyde streets ahead in every department. McDonald was excellent a right pest.
    The only positive was East who looked a cut above above most of his team mates with a calmness.
    My team for Montrose would be East,Paton,Gibson and probably David McKay and Muir and six others.
    A big week for players and coaching staff.

Agree about 442.
    Formation on Saturday was all through the middle with no width and needing the full backs to push up the wing which wasn't happening.
    East was about the best player but wasted where he was.

Wouldnt start McKechnie at the moment and would use him more as an impact player with his pace off the bench.

Wilson will be a massive boost for us once he returns but it’s going to take weeks for him to get back up to match fitness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)