+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Those were the first of those scores in the games that I’ve picked. Also seen only once have been 4-2, 5-2, 0-3, 1-4 and 2-4.
    Are you keeping all the old fag packets now?

Aye, I have them framed.

The old saying tells us that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. Well, this week’s monarch was Crusha with a mighty 8, so well done to him. He got two correct scores, and Howoldboy got the other one ending up with a 5. Apart from that seven of the sightless folk got 2 and there were two 1s. The remaining entrant was me, who only managed nowt. I’d have been well upset if it hadn’t been such a low scoring week and two contestants failed to show up.

Anyway, Crusha moves a well-earned four places up the league while Davee was down three and myself down two spots.

Remind me not to pick cup games again if I can help it.

1 Blackdogblue....(2) 66
    2 Howoldboy….……(5) 65
    3 Pete……………….…(1) 58
    4 Nobby…………….…(2) 56
    5= Claw……….….(dne) 55
    5= Frank……………..(1) 55
    7 Griff..………………..(0) 54
    8= NZBlue.…….……(2) 51
    8= Crusha ………....(8) 51
    10 Cayambe….…….(2) 50
    11 Davee………….(dne) 49
    12 Mullen……………..(2) 47
    13= Alf..…………..….(2) 45
    13= Southblue..…..(2) 45

Anyway, now for some facts and figures for facts and figures fans after fift­een weeks.

Of the games that I selected, 108 were league games that were played. There were 4 cup games and no games at all one week due to the death of the Queen.

Of the league games:

Homes 43 (39.8%)
    Draws 26 (24.1%)
    Aways 39 (36.1%)

Most common scores:

0-1 - 15
    1-0 - 13
    0-0 - 11

Those three scores account for around a third of the games selected.
    Also:

3-0 - 9
    1-2 - 9
    1-1 - 8

It’s just a pity that the football Gods don’t always align these scores with our predictions. I blame the referees.

I’m still top but only just… must do better next week.

Great score for Crusha though & Griff getting nowt cheered me up slightly 😀

Well done Crush. Those correct scores take you joint second in the correct scores table for the season with 7.

BDB 8
    Griff 7
    Crush 7
    Pete 6
    HOB 6
    Claw 5
    Psaw 5
    Davee 5
    Mullen 4
    Alf 4
    Nobby 4
    Cayam 4
    SouthB 1
    NZB 1

Thanks Griff. Amazing what you can calculate if you have enough space on the back of a fag packet!

No fag packets, I’m actually using the back of Chalky’s old brown envelopes.

Scores are worth three points and it follows that it’s great to bag a couple. This week Frank was the only person to get one and he ended up as top-scorer with seven. Well done Frank, you’re up two places to third. If you can’t get correct scores it’s nice to get your results right. Howoldboy got six out of eight (nice work) which puts him back on top. Davee and Claw only got 2s but it’s better than nowt.

Same nonsense next week.

1 Howoldboy……….(6) 71
    2 Blackdogblue…..(4) 70
    3 Frank……………….(7) 62
    4 Pete…………….……(3) 61
    4 Nobby………….……(4) 60
    6= Claw……….……..(2) 57
    6= Griff..………..…..(3) 57
    8 NZBlue.…..….……(5) 56
    9 Cayambe……….…(5) 55
    10 Crusha …………..(3) 54
    11 Mullen………..…..(5) 52
    12 Davee……………..(2) 51
    13 Southblue….…..(4) 49
    14 Alf…………….…….(3) 48

Well done to Howoldboy in recent weeks catch up & back on top..

A long way to go still

56 score predictions and only one correct. How bad is that?

Well done Frank. Surreptitiously climbing the league like a birthday cake sneaking up on Boris Johnson during the Covid lockdown.

Lets hope Griff does nothing to upset you this season and you are not compelled to throw your toys out of the pram and withdraw your funding pledge, like a Conservative government reneging on their levelling up promises.

Apart from Frank having another good week, all looking good.

Thanks Griff. I reckon you have replaced that fag packet with a spreadsheet.

Very accurate so far this season. Auditor no longer required?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)