+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table 22-23

Another low-scoring week but at least nobody got nowt. I see that 5 was the highest score on Blackdogblue’s competition so it wasn’t just us - these teams seem out to thwart us.

Anyway, Crusha and me got 7s so well done us. Crusha is up three places to 7th which is about mid table but still closer to the bottom that the top.

Claw only got one. Mullen and Cayambe are both down two but apart from that it was a pretty unremarkable week.

Next Saturday is week 20 which is half way house. I’ll be asking for feedback after that and suggestions for improvements or smoother running. I don’t want to change too much mid-season but tweaks should be possible. Are my game selections OK? Am I doing things too fast/slow? Is everything clear? Should I use other leagues? Should others pick the games sometimes/always? Think about it and I’ll ask again next weekend.

1 Howoldboy……….(2) 88
    2 Blackdogblue…..(2) 80
    3 Griff………..……….(7) 76
    4= Frank…………….(2) 71
    4= Nobby……………(2) 71
    4= Pete……….………(3) 71
    7 Crusha…….……….(7) 69
    8 Southblue..……..(4) 67
    9 Cayambe….………(2) 66
    10 Mullen…….……..(2) 65
    11= Davee..………..(2) 64
    11= NZBlue………...(3) 64
    13 Claw…..…………..(1) 62
    14 Alf………….….…….(2) 55
    15 Chalky……………………30
    Last edited by griff; 07-12-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Hi Griff,

I have tried mixing it up as you know, even put a woman’s game on this weeks (no one got near that score…)

It’s not easy & the draws destroyed yesterdays results.. look at the World Cup as an example.. am about £30 down this week on sky bet.. still well over £100 in it from a £20 start a few months ago but 5 seperate bets were gone before 3pm… 🤨

I’m not sure changing the format of yours would help, it is what it is, the crux of it all is mostly guesswork 😀

Not the format, just the admin and game selections and any concerns that folk have really. I’ll happily take on board more substantive changes for next season if it doesn’t over-complicate the competition and so long as it doesn’t scare folk off.

From what I’ve seen here, those who are guessing aren’t doing as well as those who are using form and statistics.
    Last edited by griff; 04-12-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Tried statistics, sky bet odds & punts on 1-0’s

Nothing works consistently… need a dartboard 😀

Well done Griff and Crush.

Joint top of the correct scores league now as well.

Griff 10
    Crush 10
    BDB 9
    HOB 9
    Davee 7
    Pete 6
    Psaw 6
    Nobby 6
    Mullen 6
    Claw 5
    Cayam 5
    Alf 4
    SB 4
    NZB 1

The only thing I would change this season (before it has any impact) is the new postponed games rule.

I understand why it was changed, but it doesn't alter the fact that if there is a late postponement it could well disadvantage an entrant who has submitted a correct score entry for the postponed game early in the week and doesn't notice the postponement.

If they have selected the postponed game as a correct score (max 3 points) the postponement would reduce their maximum score that week to 13 points, whereas someone who had selected the postponed game as a result (H/D/A) would be able to score a maximum of 15 points. That seems inequitable.

Other than that, happy with everything.

Thanks Griff.

I’m sure we’ve all woken up to dejection, frustration and disappointment this morning. I mean, five of our games off, what a downer.

I won’t go into much detail in a week where the top score was three; suffice it to say that Pete slipped three places to seventh while Crusha went up two to fifth.

I’ll start another thread to get comments about moving forward with this competition - how it’s run, rules etc. so have a shufti and let me know if you have any issues or suggestions.

1 Howoldboy……….(0) 88
    2 Blackdogblue…..(2) 82
    3 Griff………..……….(3) 79
    4 Nobby……………..(3) 74
    5= Frank…………….(1) 72
    5= Crusha………….(3) 72
    7= Pete………………(0) 71
    7= Southblue…...(4) 71
    9 Cayambe…………(2) 68
    10 Mullen…………..(2) 67
    11 NZBlue.…………(1) 65
    12 Davee..………..(0) 64
    13 Claw…..………..(1) 63
    14 Alf….……….…….(3) 58
    15 Chalky….……….(1) 31
    Last edited by griff; 11-12-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Can you please check Southblue's score Griff.

I had him topscoring with 4 points giving him a total of 71 points.

Thanks.

Good spot, and apologies to Southblue. Table changed.

Only three games left on this week; some noticed and changed entries and some didn’t or weren’t fussed. Add to that our combined inability to foresee Wycombe beating Ipswich resulting in all of our meagre accumulation of points coming from just two games and it’s easy to see why it wasn’t a high-scoring week.

I’ll just dump this and run.

1 Howoldboy……….(2) 90
    2 Blackdogblue…..(1) 83
    3 Griff………..……….(1) 80
    4 Nobby……………..(2) 76
    5= Frank…………….(1) 73
    5= Crusha………….(1) 73
    7= Pete………..…,…(1) 72
    7= Southblue……..(1) 72
    9 Cayambe……….…(3) 71
    10 Mullen……..……..(1) 68
    11= NZBlue………….(1) 66
    11= Claw……………..(3) 66
    13 Davee…..………...(0) 64
    14 Alf…………….……..(1) 59
    15 Chalky……………..(1) 32

Well done Cayambe and Claw. 3 points from 3 games is good scoring.

Thanks Griff.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)